Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭JoeA3

"Veronica Guerin" is on RTE1 now. A who's who of Fair City talent. John Deagan turned up there as one of the General's henchmen. Hope he's a better henchman than detective :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭De Bild

Christ.

You called me Talking Bread, that is me;)

You see i am German and can have the craic! I am incorrigible! Incorrigible De Bild! I am laughing heartily!

When i came on this thread first people did not understand me but now they know i come a second time with much love and over 20 years knowledge of Fair City. Peace and Love to y'all! Even Trigger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

JoeA3 wrote: »
    "Veronica Guerin" is on RTE1 now. A who's who of Fair City talent. John Deagan turned up there as one of the General's henchmen. Hope he's a better henchman than detective :D

We should have organised a drinking game while watching it. Dozens of FC actors involved.

I am off now and will discuss at length tomorrow's issues, tommorrow!

Again witness my humour as i poke fun at myself with my signature inspired by TTB:)

Myself and TTB are now on very good terms and engage in the bants. I apologise again for having been rude to him before but he understands me now and that he is an idol of mine.

I'm not quite gone my late night Judo class with special guests, Pat Hickey and Zumo Bishop has been cancelled..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Maybe Kerri-Ann should see a doctor, because if I understood the last two episodes she was ovulating yesterday, then got her period today?!

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Maybe Kerri-Ann should see a doctor, because if I understood the last two episodes she was ovulating yesterday, then got her period today?!

Yes that is quite a bizarre menstrual cycle. It would be very difficult to use the Rhythm Method contraceptive method if one did not want to make baby:)

jos28 wrote: »
    We should have organised a drinking game while watching it. Dozens of FC actors involved.

Ha! There's Trigger alongside Dick Moran!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Trigger just turned up in VG there now

And Venetia married to John Gilligan.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Ha! There's Trigger alongside Dick Moran!

I was an extra in the film. Says you you're an extra here too! What craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Even Oisin Mark1 makes an appearance. It's past my bedtime so I'm going to watch it at the weekend and keep count. Loved seeing Fr Todd Unctious (not FC) but worth a mention.
    Night all ;)

Just about to switch off and there's Pete !

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    Even Oisin Mark1 makes an appearance. It's past my bedtime so I'm going to watch it at the weekend and keep count. Loved seeing Fr Todd Unctious (not FC) but worth a mention.
    Night all ;)

Moany Pete just appeared there too.

Ray and Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

This thread is going to go to the graveyard soon if certain posters insist on trying to ruin it.

What is Oisin up to going to the meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    This thread is going to go to the graveyard soon if certain posters insist on trying to ruin it.

Totally agree!

I think he's trying to get a story he can sell on Katie. Emmet gave him plenty to go on.

These meetings are crazy. They seem to be on every day and have a steady stream of people attending them. I've never heard of anything like this in real life. Has anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine, Morphine,

Caddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where's me f'in Morphine!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Trigger doesn't look like he's dying. He looks like someone who just stubbed his toe. No wonder the doc wouldn't give him morphine.

Onsion will use the information about Emmet's relationship with his sister to create a headline. As a poster said he already has some information on the disharmony.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jace6

Trigger never has any difficulty making his way to the pub.

jace6 wrote: »

This is very true. He has a lot of physical strength still for a person with a few weeks to live. Too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Feel free to click on that person's name and add them to your ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

What happened to the Brennans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Trigger doesn't look like he's dying. He looks like someone who just stubbed his toe. No wonder the doc wouldn't give him morphine.

Maybe he is not nearly as sick as he is letting on? This character is an out and out conman so anything is possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,272 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He's too healthy looking for a guy close to death. Pain would only be one problem (and would be easily manageable), he'd be exhausted and barely able to walk a few few feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Frozen in time again. The Don was just getting her a gin and tonic and they just froze on the spot. Give it a few weeks and they will thaw again

Fair-City-Eps-71-Niamh-is-exasperated-when-Paul-refuses-to-a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

They are still together. And will be for as long as this soap lasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 Miner

Frozen in time again. The Don was just getting her a gin and tonic and they just froze on the spot. Give it a few weeks and they will thaw again

Fair-City-Eps-71-Niamh-is-exasperated-when-Paul-refuses-to-a.jpg

Why have they an electric kettle in their sitting room (red handled thing on the table behind Paul)? It's been there for months and nobody's used it!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Well lads anybody have any spare morphine going?
    Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Asking for a friend.

That you Caddle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So lads and ladies, do you think this Miriam being the head of a cult thing is just us seeing whats not there in a poor storyline or the start of something new and potentially interesting?

To be fair, I think it would be a very interesting story if done well. They can do slow burners like Katy but they have problems ending stories like this. It does seem quite odd that a woman like Miriam has the time to not only manage an arcade but also co-ordinate almost daily meetings with a wide variety of people and talk about individual problems. I sense the other attendees are in on it and they only want info on local residents to brainwash them for her own purpose, which is unclear now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Anyone notice greasy Robbie in the VG film last night, fine black head of hair on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

So lads and ladies, do you think this Miriam being the head of a cult thing is just us seeing whats not there in a poor storyline or the start of something new and potentially interesting?

To be fair, I think it would be a very interesting story if done well. They can do slow burners like Katy but they have problems ending stories like this. It does seem quite odd that a woman like Miriam has the time to not only manage an arcade but also co-ordinate almost daily meetings with a wide variety of people and talk about individual problems. I sense the other attendees are in on it and they only want info on local residents to brainwash them for her own purpose, which is unclear now...

When Emmet told Oisin not to talk about what is said in the meetings, I was thinking it's a bit like fight club without the fighting! Emmet = Norton, Miriam = Pitt. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭maurv2

Anyone notice greasy Robbie in the VG film last night, fine black head of hair on him.

Saw that. Every time I see that film, I always notice someone that I didn't notice before. It's almost now like a whose who from Fair Vity.

Hughie, Louis (Caddle ex), Deegan, Some big fella that used to be a mate of Damo, the original Oisin when he was a kid :-)

Looking forward to this evening's Fair City. Onsion will be at the group meeting and he'll be up to no good!

He annoys me at times, the character, other times i enjoy him being devious. The actor, Patrick Ball, has a lot of talent. Has he been on other tv shows?

Onsion has changed a lot in appearance since he was a baby. Here he is in 1999!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgi-TQ2or32NwJz0ZVaOn2ob68SPaaMR3ZOOkRL3yUfeDD55M_

• Advertisement

I have question..

Why is Paul Brennan a stud? I think he has got no looks, no charisma. Ok he is supposed to have alot of Moolah but it would need to be an awful lot of Moolah.. Cass has more charm than him, though a little old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Asking for a friend.

Well lads anybody any spare cyanide going?
    Asking for Ama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,607 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Who is Onsion? Oisín's doppelganger?

Not your ornery onager

A half day workshop on personal growth.

Just what I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Miriam looking for emmets help to set up for the workshop.
    It's about 8 chairs in a circle...what help could she possibly need?!

Jack is a terrible drip of a child. Bring back Wayne's boy Junior! He was good.

Will Ama get a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

It's only a period FFS

Eamon is like a child, half a ham sandwich and he's all happy:)

The head on Damo!! My God the group expands..

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Oh this group therapy is cringe!

Damo, the life and soul of the party as usual.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement