Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

For some reason im fb friends with Doug (Hitler head)
    I'd love to ask him why he is in that ****e program

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭De Bild

Money. Might not be much but obviously best he can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I think they'd be afraid to question the **** they're giving, they'd be out on their ear, it's best for them to say nothing and for them and carry on reciting the scrip they're giving.

It doesn't seem like the actors and writers are working together, but how could the actors approach the writers if there's 36 of them.

Nah, just talking about the odd one liner they come out with. Eric Lalor is a very funny man and I bet he has helped build the Cathal character himself a bit with regard the comedy elements.

My only problem is that he is far too comicy though. Like a Fair City version of Neagan in The Walking Dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

De Bild wrote: »
    Money. Might not be much but obviously best he can get.

And that's why the majority of the actors stay there, I think. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jace6

The comical one liners are good. The plot is hopeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I had my best friend over for dinner thursday. He has absolutely never seen Fair City. Anyway as he was cooking I was watching it and trying to explain various plots to him. All of a sudden he said he had to pop to the shops. He came back with two bottles of wine, a packet of cigarettes (he hasn't smoked in five years) and promptly told me if I was going to watch anything so bad we could never be friends again. He can be over dramatic but I did think it was funny!

I had my best friend over for dinner thursday. He has absolutely never seen Fair City. Anyway as he was cooking I was watching it and trying to explain various plots to him. All of a sudden he said he had to pop to the shops. He came back with two bottles of wine, a packet of cigarettes (he hasn't smoked in five years) and promptly told me if I was going to watch anything so bad we could never be friends again. He can be over dramatic but I did think it was funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

amtc wrote: »

Did he meet 46 neighbours there and hold numerous important conversations? :pac:

Did he meet 46 neighbours there and hold numerous important conversations? :pac:

Nope, he probably only met the same 2 or 3 people about 15 times and engaged in hostile interaction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

amtc wrote:

I love that you had your friend over for dinner but made him cook!

laylag wrote: »
    I love that you had your friend over for dinner but made him cook!

But I like to cook.
    ..................... oops. don't mind that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

I find it quite disturbing that a person could be writhing in pain in the final stages of terminal cancer and needs to get pain meds on the black market. (Then trots off to the pub!) I'm sure any palliative care expert would confirm that Trigger is everything except dying.

He's a better cook than me, and I was actually ironing his shirt at the time.

The funny thing was him waving round knives and spatulas as I explained the whole kt thing. I ended up doing a kind of family tree by the end.

The context for this coming up is his sister lives in Scotland and watches it there. So it was to contextualize for her. It took us some hours to dissect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What scottish channel is it on? I've a friend over there who is a big fan of Eamonn Morrisey's. He'd enjoy Cass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Charlotte after Emmet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,272 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

sligojoek wrote: »
    What scottish channel is it on? I've a friend over there who is a big fan of Eamonn Morrisey's. He'd enjoy Cass.

STV2 - I believe the ratings are not bad

Cheers I'll pass that on.

I miss FC tonight, I was getting used to it been on on Sunday... Aw well.

I saw Hilda (Tracy) in Annie, I so wanted to shout up any sandwiches for Dominic :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Charlotte after Emmet?

Was thinking that alright... She seemed pleased when he praised her at one point last week. She needs to get shot of the Brennan boys for once and for all. Maybe she can persuade Emmet to have a wash - or a shave at the very least. He always looks so grubby.

Was thinking that alright... She seemed pleased when he praised her at one point last week. She needs to get shot of the Brennan boys for once and for all. Maybe she can persuade Emmet to have a wash - or a shave at the very least. He always looks so grubby.

I like Charlotte with Oisin, was hoping they'd get hitched, just to see the faces on Paul and Nicola :P

I like Charlotte with Oisin, was hoping they'd get hitched, just to see the faces on Paul and Nicola :P

They were well matched..... I'm surprised she hasn't taken advantage of KT, she was always sceaming Bitch and wouldn't be a bit bothered by taking advantage... What's happened to her?!

threetrees wrote: »
    I find it quite disturbing that a person could be writhing in pain in the final stages of terminal cancer and needs to get pain meds on the black market. (Then trots off to the pub!) I'm sure any palliative care expert would confirm that Trigger is everything except dying.

Fair City's story with Trigger is a bit of an insult to Hospices. They have such a crucial role in caring for and providing pain relief to people who are dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

She definitely gave him a loving glance last week when he praised her over something. What is it with Emmet and good looking girls (the dark haired girl from the group also) finding him attractive? Suppose he has a nice smile, and if he tidied himself up a bit is alright.

Emmet is v handsome. I think it's the brown clothes n huge scarves that make him look a bit scruffy!

Oh and the flock of seagulls hair doesn't do him any favours!

Emmet is v handsome. I think it's the brown clothes n huge scarves that make him look a bit scruffy!

Oh and the flock of seagulls hair doesn't do him any favours!

That's the best hair description i've heard in a while! You've got me thinking whether my own hairstyle is errm, doing me harm with the ladies!

It's mad and wild and curly!! Covers down my neck at the back..

nagdefy wrote:
    It's mad and wild and curly!! Covers down my neck at the back..

Hahaha! You have me thinking of The Supremes now!!
    Well once it's not a top knot, I think you're onto a winner!

What's a top knot? I'll find an appropriate internet pic and post. Not of me know but similar hairdo and you give me the thumbs up or down :)

• Advertisement

shaggy-curly-hair.jpg

Jaysus i'm starting to post like Mr. De Bild now!!

You're a girl anyway i take it laylag? I'm not chatting you up now or anything as i'm sure the mods wouldn't allow it and i don't want half the Fair City boards posters stealing my chat up lines ;)

Or if your a boy who likes boys and can advise me on what my hairdo is like that's fine too :)

I am indeed! A top knot is Connor McGregor style hair...you know a man bun. Anything other than that or a comb over is all good!*

*This is a personal opinion. I have no hair related credentials to back any of this up!

Thanks Laylag. I'm not a top knot. It's obviously not the hair so!! Ah only messing i don't fare that badly with the ladies:)

nagdefy wrote: »
    shaggy-curly-hair.jpg

Jaysus i'm starting to post like Mr. De Bild now!!

Is this what you look like Mr. Nagdefy? You are very handsome young man. You do very well with the ladies in Germany. Frau Bild go wild for you! Have confidence and as those rowers from West Cork would say, when you are out in the club go 'pull like a dog'!!

You remind me of someone..

david-david-hasselhoff-28104787-1024-768.jpg

• Advertisement

Is this what you look like Mr. Nagdefy? You are very handsome young man. You do very well with the ladies in Germany. Frau Bild go wild for you! Have confidence and as those rowers from West Cork would say, when you are out in the club go 'pull like a dog'!!

Thanks very much De Bild, you are either very kind or taking the piss. With you it's very hard to tell!!

Thanks very much De Bild, you are either very kind or taking the piss. With you it's very hard to tell!!

No, no i'm very serious. Since i have returned to the forum i have been most sincere and on my best behaviour.

I love you, Laylag, joesligo, Collyflower, Cormdog, jace6, The Talking Bread and many apologies to those i forgot. Oh yes i love the mods:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Thanks Laylag. I'm not a top knot. It's obviously not the hair so!! Ah only messing i don't fare that badly with the ladies:)

Ah now, I love a man with a good man-bun!

I see Kevin gets involved in Kerri Anne's baby making problems next week, has he medical training too?

I see Kevin gets involved in Kerri Anne's baby making problems next week, has he medical training too?

No, but he's a professional pest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,999 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Oh no, I was hoping the script writers forgot about him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Exactly how involved with her baby-making does he get?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,999 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

MelanieC wrote: »
    Exactly how involved with her baby-making does he get?!

If he isn't happy with their performance he'll call the caps!

If he isn't happy with their performance he'll call the caps!

The Dutch 'caps'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Could seriously do without that Kerri Ann storyline. It is truly sad to see Decco, a character with a lot to offer if used the right way, reduced to such storylines. It is stories like this that ruin Fair City (and all soaps: the others had their moments too with silly stories) and it takes away from the better stories. Any baby or having baby stories bore me to tears. There are people out there who want to do more with life and have no interest in having children and want to achieve other things. These stories must be done to entertain Tubridy who is always on about similar things on his TV show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Decco is a 5 nothing "hard man" who has never acted on an idle threat in ten years.

But...not the worst actor on the show. He is one of the few that don't deliver their lines like they're reading them off a queue card for the first time

Could seriously do without that Kerri Ann storyline. It is truly sad to see Decco, a character with a lot to offer if used the right way, reduced to such storylines. It is stories like this that ruin Fair City (and all soaps: the others had their moments too with silly stories) and it takes away from the better stories. Any baby or having baby stories bore me to tears. There are people out there who want to do more with life and have no interest in having children and want to achieve other things. These stories must be done to entertain Tubridy who is always on about similar things on his TV show.

The only interesting baby story lines in soaps are if there is confusion over paternity,(done to death in soaps though) and whether it is a boy or a girl and the name chosen. Then they usually end up in their room upstairs for the rest of their childhood and are rarely seen.

Decco could do with a much more interesting plot with a bit of suspense in it given his dodgy past. Making a character a hardworking, honest family man is boring to watch.

Painful viewing and listening to the american twangy accent. O please make it stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Haven't watched fair city in a couple of weeks and trigger is still dying and Pete and Bob are still arguing. At least Groundhog Day had Bill Murray in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Another thing fook Charlie and the high horse he came in to the community center on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement