Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Dermo was accepting visitors there at a rate of knots. lol at the typically wooden Garda "extra" in the background who lunged in to stop Dermo touching Jane yet 5 mins later there's no issue when he's hugging Ben. Wtf.

Who the hell hangs around in a community centre on those hard chairs all day - on a Sunday?! Paul togged out in his 3 piece suit and all. Ditto the Spar shop. They really need to come up with more realistic "random meet up" locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, I'm thinking you must have a bit of hard neck to be pursuing a career in TV presenting and two sisters on TV at the same time would suggest they were very strong minded individuals. Didn't the two of them plus Blathnaid and Daithi all come to fore via the TG4 route?

Wasn't the elder Seoige, Grainne, a news presenter when that station opened in Sep 1998?

Mongo is getting very old looking

He was 16 back when Kira, Niamh's sister, became pregnant with Juliet in 2003, so around 31. He does look older..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

nagdefy wrote: »
    He was 16 back when Kira, Niamh's sister, became pregnant with Juliet in 2003, so around 31. He does look older..

Its hard to put ages on some of the characters. Ama is in her early 40s but she could pass for about 32 or 33. Damien is how old??
    Doug looks about 16 but he must be older.
    Niamh looks about 50 but I think shes younger.
    Laura looks about 22 but must be older.

Its hard to put ages on some of the characters. Ama is in her early 40s but she could pass for about 32 or 33. Damien is how old??

Niamh is 42 Wanderer. The only one i'm defo about of that group.

I remember George McMahon turned 17 around September 2003 and was on 'Celebrity Farm' with Paddy O'Gorman, Gavin Lambe Murphy, Twink and Tamara Gervasoni the Longford/Italian 2002 Rose of Tralee who was caught shop lifting! She had an eating disorder in her defence.

Wow. Ama looks younger alright.

Damien is in the show since 1998 when he was a 20/21 year old apprentice painter/builder who worked with Frank. Frank had a big moustache and there was sexual chemistry with him and Dolly but nothing really happened iirc. So Damien is around 40.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Another claim to fame when I was in University! Met the actor playing Doug when I was out drinking in City Centre! Think it was O'Neills. He was collecting glasses! Obviously, like most young actors, bar work seems to be a side job.
    I think I wrecked his head someway! Shouting Doug or something. That was a few years back so he is probably around mid 20s. He didn't seem too phased, laughed it off! Seemed to like the attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why are all flights in fair city at night? Is there a special airport for carrickstown residents that only operates after 6pm.

bazermc wrote: »
    Why are all flights in fair city at night? Is there a special airport for carrickstown residents that only operates after 6pm.

There are NO transatlantic flights that leave Dublin at 9pm. Just lazy research from the writers. And even if there were, Ben still had time to travel TWICE to the cop shop for a meeting with Daddy before tackling the heavy M50 traffic and the 3 hours before international flights plus customs, security etc. Fair play to him!

Another claim to fame when I was in University! Met the actor playing Doug when I was out drinking in City Centre! Think it was O'Neills. He was collecting glasses! Obviously, like most young actors, bar work seems to be a side job.
    I think I wrecked his head someway! Shouting Doug or something. That was a few years back so he is probably around mid 20s. He didn't seem too phased, laughed it off! Seemed to like the attention!

I'm starting to think that you are the one who kidnaps FC stars for their 3 months "breaks", you seem to know so many of them! If you have Heather tell her to come back will you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm starting to think that you are the one who kidnaps FC stars for their 3 months "breaks", you seem to know so many of them! If you have Heather tell her to come back will you ;)

Heather might be going back writing it again!

The only ones that would matter is meeting The Ram and Jane (in her green t-shirt)

I would die happy having met those legends!

The only ones that would matter is meeting The Ram and Jane (in her green t-shirt)

Well if you pop into the Station/Spar/Pub/Park/Vinos anytime Sunday you are bound to find her in one of these places!

Open up a popup stop shop in Carrigstown stocking cold shoulder tops and country supplies and they both should pop in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dirty old anorak

How many years will Dermot get in the Joy ? Who is paying for zoes upkeep in milano ? Where did Dermot and ben go when they were on the run ?

'Maclean Burke is best known for playing Damien Halpin in Ireland’s top rated soap Fair City. He first made his Carrigstown debut in 1998.
    He began acting at a very young age and has appeared in not one, but two defining movies of the last two decades. At thirteen he landed his first professional role in Jim Sheridan’s award winning film ‘In The Name of The Father’ , 1993'.

from http://julianbensonmanagement.com/artists/?page_id=8234

So Damien is about 37! Seems older.. 18 when first in Fair City. The same year he starred in 'Saving Private Ryan' with Tom Hanks and Barry Pepper :D

If Maclean Burke (Damien) is a charismatic star i'm Muhammed Ali.

'Maclean Burke is best known for playing Damien Halpin in Ireland’s top rated soap Fair City. He first made his Carrigstown debut in 1998.
    He began acting at a very young age and has appeared in not one, but two defining movies of the last two decades. At thirteen he landed his first professional role in Jim Sheridan’s award winning film ‘In The Name of The Father’ , 1993'.

from http://julianbensonmanagement.com/artists/?page_id=8234

So Damien is about 37! Seems older.. 18 when first in Fair City. The same year he starred in 'Saving Private Ryan' with Tom Hanks and Barry Pepper :D

I nevr understand this!

Like every "Irish actor" that claims they were in SPR, he was cast as an extra and hung around Curracloe Strand and got a couple of days wages!

It is like half of Kildare men in the early 90s who headed out to The Curragh to get a days wages in the running scenes sticking that event on their CV when they go for a job in a call centre!

Embarrassing stuff to stick that on your acting portfolio!

Did anyone here cry when Dermot told ben he won't see him again until he's grown up ? Why aren't you people talking about the emotional ben and Dermot scenes ??????

Did anyone here cry when Dermot told ben he won't see him again until he's grown up ? Why aren't you people talking about the emotional ben and Dermot scenes ??????

We're a cynical bunch incase you didn't realise :D

In fairness well acted. Though i can't say Fair City ever made me cry..almost when Helen died in 1998. A few tears of laughter over the years alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I nevr understand this!

Like every "Irish actor" that claims they were in SPR, he was cast as an extra and hung around Curracloe Strand and got a couple of days wages!

It is like half of Kildare men in the early 90s who headed out to The Curragh to get a days wages in the running scenes sticking that event on their CV when they go for a job in a call centre!

Embarrassing stuff to stick that on your acting portfolio!

He got another "15 minutes" out of it on Ray Darcy the other day.

Are you new here?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Are you new here?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Tonight's episode was the usual badly researched, badly scripted, badly acted ****e for which FC is justly famous.

So we had Dermo still in a Garda holding cell since last Tuesday.
    Whatever happened to the law that says you can only be questioned for up to 24 hours, then either charged or released?
    I had to laugh at the Garda sitting there quietly, earning his 25 euros fee as an extra. Then he surprised everyone by jumping up and shouting "Hey!" when Dermo touched Jane's wrist.
    God, the training those guys go through at Templemore..
    "Right lads, remember, the most important part of the job is to never, ever, let a guy in the cell touch another person's wrist or forearm.
    That how Osama Bin-Laden got started."

Jane to Derm : "Ben is flying out to the States in a couple of hours. He'll have to be really quick."
    Poor Ben! He barely has time to do some shopping in Spar, come home, call to visit his da, tell him he hates him and that he's dead to him, as kids always do, then go home again, then call into the Community Centre, have a meeting with three adults, visit Derm again to tell him that now, twenty minutes later, he loves him again go home, a quick bite in the Hungry Pig, get packed, find his passport, travel out to the airport, and still get there two hours before the flight is due to leave....
    Phew! I'm tired just writing all this, so Benny - Boy must be totally shagged...

Dermot : "Ben, just do one thing for me. Tell Zoe that I love her.
    Yes, I know I let her go to the Galapogos Islands on Christmas Eve. I know I never mentioned het name since. I know I robbed eight hundred grand, almost died from holding my belly and grimacing, had an overnight stay in hospital after a liver transplant, gave away my house, pissed off around the world with you for four months, then came back here and now I'm facing a long stretch in prison. But, Ben, there's no need to burden her with all that ould ****e, right? They're only minor things.
    Look, I know she's in Milan now and you'll be in Los Angeles (if you make the flight) but sure they're not that far apart. Just tell her I love her, right, and that Social Services here are happy enough to let a fifteen year old look after herself out in Italy. Ah, 'tis great to be young....."

Yes

I wasn't taking the pi$$. It's an in-joke on the Liveline forum.
    I see you actually are new. My apologies.

Yes

Are you a long term follower of Fair City and, most specifically, The Plan!

Are you a long term follower of Fair City and, most specifically, The Plan!

The plan has resulted in a happy family been split apart, one in prison, one in LA and another in Italy, after all their happy days of watching dvds and eating out in the Hungry pig, isn't it so sad ?:(

The plan has resulted in a happy family been split apart, one in prison, one in LA and another in Italy, after all their happy days of watching dvds and eating out in the Hungry pig, isn't it so sad ?:(

Well Jo did start off living up a tree, so their was warning signs!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I had to laugh at the fact that Tommy seems to be living in Jane's old apartment. I wonder if the RamCam is still in operation?! :p

• Advertisement

youwould wrote: »
    I had to laugh at the fact that Tommy seems to be living in Jane's old apartment. I wonder if the RamCam is still in operation?! :p

I thought he was moving to Callan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement