Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

nagdefy wrote: »
    'Maclean Burke is best known for playing Damien Halpin in Ireland’s top rated soap Fair City. He first made his Carrigstown debut in 1998.
    He began acting at a very young age and has appeared in not one, but two defining movies of the last two decades. At thirteen he landed his first professional role in Jim Sheridan’s award winning film ‘In The Name of The Father’ , 1993'.

from http://julianbensonmanagement.com/artists/?page_id=8234

So Damien is about 37! Seems older.. 18 when first in Fair City. The same year he starred in 'Saving Private Ryan' with Tom Hanks and Barry Pepper :D

I'm pretty sure he's 39.....he was on with Ray D'Arcy during the week and mentioned his age.

I think Caoimhe is 30 in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There are NO transatlantic flights that leave Dublin at 9pm. Just lazy research from the writers. And even if there were, Ben still had time to travel TWICE to the cop shop for a meeting with Daddy before tackling the heavy M50 traffic and the 3 hours before international flights plus customs, security etc. Fair play to him!

Would Ben even be allowed leave the jurisdiction? He's been on the run with his fugitive father for the last few months and is a potential witness in a forthcoming trial. Something tells me he couldn't just get offside like this never to return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

youwould wrote: »
    I had to laugh at the fact that Tommy seems to be living in Jane's old apartment. I wonder if the RamCam is still in operation?! :p

I thought he was staying at Debbie's place :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

What did Dernish ever do for Robbie that he loves him so much and would do anything for him? Nothing.What did Paul ever do to Robbie that he would hate him so much? Nothing!

Mild mannered and usually fair Bob gets a personality transplant after he sprains his ankle? Why does he have it in for Pete?

Put KT back in the box, can't deal with these ground hog day story's.

On Thursday Doug told Pete to stuff his job and yesterday Wayne thanked Pete for getting the job finished. 5 min later Doug is back on the job in his overalls!!!

Isn't it also interesting that none of the characters ever talk about the KT/Ciaran scenario. He worked in the garage, he was Dougs best mate.

And Paul......just because he gave Hayley the dirty is being treated like he's the bad guy. Deeming stole all his money and ruined his business empire. No investigation of Hughie, Niamh, Jane (a clear benifactor) Robbie, Callum, Hayley, Wayne, Orla. Who else was in on it? Oisin, Dolly, Pete?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jasonroche123

Bob wasn't always mild mannered though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I thought he was staying at Debbie's place :confused:

I think Debbie agreed to move out and let Eoghan move back in when Katy returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dirty old anorak

I suspose since Christy successfully sued them for killing him off that they won't ever again be able to kill off any of the golden oldies ? Like why else didn't they just kill Dermot off last Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭jos28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Sparko

youwould wrote: »
    I think Debbie agreed to move out and let Eoghan move back in when Katy returned.

And then Katy promptly moved away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What did Dernish ever do for Robbie that he loves him so much and would do anything for him? Nothing.What did Paul ever do to Robbie that he would hate him so much? Nothing!

Mild mannered and usually fair Bob gets a personality transplant after he sprains his ankle? Why does he have it in for Pete?

Put KT back in the box, can't deal with these ground hog day story's.

On Thursday Doug told Pete to stuff his job and yesterday Wayne thanked Pete for getting the job finished. 5 min later Doug is back on the job in his overalls!!!

Isn't it also interesting that none of the characters ever talk about the KT/Ciaran scenario. He worked in the garage, he was Dougs best mate.

And Paul......just because he gave Hayley the dirty is being treated like he's the bad guy. Deeming stole all his money and ruined his business empire. No investigation of Hughie, Niamh, Jane (a clear benifactor) Robbie, Callum, Hayley, Wayne, Orla. Who else was in on it? Oisin, Dolly, Pete?

Thats a great point about Ciaran not being mentioned. When he started he was in every scene with Doug and Ray, and now not a peep from anyone about him , hes not even mentioned in passing like "God I wonder how the O Briens are doing, didn't Ciaran seem so normal?"....that's what having too many writers does- kills the logic and consistency of the storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Bob covers up robbery, criminal damage, driving without insurance/unfit state, poisoning children, fugitives, allowing a mentally handicapped mother escape to Brazil with her fugitive husband and the daughter she tried to kill yet is happy to sue a friend and neighbour with a struggling start up business because he tripped over a few pieces of rubbish and has a slight ankle sprain

I do miss sneaky Bob though but it is just a pity they made him such a pathetic third wheel character for years and now we have his sneaky side reemerge out of no where for no logic

Whatever happened to bens real mother ? The mayo woman with the cork accent

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Whatever happened to bens real mother ? The mayo woman with the cork accent

She moved to America with Jo and hasn't been mentioned since! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭jos28

bazermc wrote: »
    Less orange looking.

Considerably so !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

coolhull wrote: »

I had to laugh at the Garda sitting there quietly, earning his 25 euros fee as an extra. Then he surprised everyone by jumping up and shouting "Hey!" when Dermo touched Jane's wrist.
    God, the training those guys go through at Templemore..
    "Right lads, remember, the most important part of the job is to never, ever, let a guy in the cell touch another person's wrist or forearm.
    That how Osama Bin-Laden got started."

I loved how Jane just threw her bag and coat at yer man and he just took it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I suspose since Christy successfully sued them for killing him off that they won't ever again be able to kill off any of the golden oldies ? Like why else didn't they just kill Dermot off last Christmas

I never knew he sued them! There will be no shifting the the rest of them now. I think Bella's a pity with all his family gone out of it. Time for him to follow I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I've caught up with Thursday's and last night's episode there. Utterly ridiculous stuff going on. Eoghan's boss, is there a particular storyline coming up with her or something to explain her presence or to the way she is? She's always in the vicinity of an arguement or disagreement and then willing to be a referee. Her advice to Caoimhe was "what you and Damien need to do is sit down and talk". WTF!!

Mondo to Hayley about your one who's on a 3 month trial for their company "You expect me to work with HER??" as if they have some sort of history for him to react that way rather than a shrug of the soldiers.

Just when you thought THE PLAN is over, Dermot comes back from being on the run so that he can hand himself in, changes his mind and asks can he stay in the office of a pub and then changes his mind again and rings the Guards to admit "How'ya lads, i'm in the office of that pub you's walked into the other day to talk to the owner about searching because my car was spotted not too far away".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,740 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Juliette is back next week and she's a teenager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Juliette is back next week and she's a teenager.
    You'd sincerely hope so given she was born around 2003/2004 :)
    Then again given what FC do to Ellie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,740 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

nagdefy wrote: »
    You'd sincerely hope so given she was born around 2003/2004 :)
    Then again given what FC do to Ellie!
    I think it's her Birthday and Mondo gets her a pink cake and she isn't happy. She also wants to go a modeling shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Shouldn't everyone be delighted that Bob/Brain Murray finally has his own storyline since fooking years ago! Even if its only a "Mickey Mouse I'm gonna sue you, handbags at dawn" load of BS with Pete. Feckin snorefest ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cormdogg wrote: »

Where the hell is Oisin, does he know anything yet?

On July 20th Dermot pleats guilty and is sentenced to 9 years with 4 suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Melanie and Mondo to get it on!

Mendo of course will happen, arguing too much and both have kids

I wouldn't say mondo looks older than 31 ?

I wouldn't say mondo looks older than 31 ?

ah, he does.

ah, he does.

What age would you say he looks ?

• Advertisement

What age would you say he looks ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement