Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I think Mondo/George McMahon looks older than early 30s because he's been around for years and it's the same ****e every time. Anyone remember Custer's Last Standup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dirty old anorak

youwould wrote: »
    I think Mondo/George McMahon looks older than early 30s because he's been around for years and it's the same ****e every time. Anyone remember Custer's Last Standup?

Remember it well, Christy played his dad in it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Spoiler for next Tuesday!(18th July)
    Pete makes an ill-advised remark about Cristiano that causes riles Eamon, and Juliet's maturity leaves Mondo feeling old and out-of-the-loop. Plus, Charlotte moves in with Katy.

Who's Eamon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Everyone (well the usual media type) were predicting great things for him! Like that he could be an actor that would be Cokin Farrell stature (this was back when Farrell was a top dog type in the Hollywood circle) ! He has a stage school in Celbridge, does his panto, probably gets some adverts and does the odd few FC periods so I'd say he is grand, but I reckon he may be a bit disappointed in that he was so hyped up that he never made it.

The failure tag may follow him around in that respect, even though he seems a very grounded individual and may not even have wanted to be dedicated to follow the route most thought he may have.

It is surprising he never got roles in Irish tv series or home grown film.

It is not as if he has any stereotype character following him around as Mondo isn't a big character in any sense and is fairly neutral and is rarely on screen also.

He is a good looking guy as well (I assume)

Did any of you people feel sorry for Damien when Caoimhe told him that she doesn't love him anymore???? The poor guy seems to have a lot of self-esteem issues, he feels like a fat waste of space.

• Advertisement

Spoiler for next Tuesday!(18th July)
    Pete makes an ill-advised remark about Cristiano that causes riles Eamon, and Juliet's maturity leaves Mondo feeling old and out-of-the-loop. Plus, Charlotte moves in with Katy.

Who's Eamon?

Probably Christy Ah No's fella, It will probably be some ridiculous slip of the tongue comment that Christy interprets as being homophobic and we will get the same sh*t as the "I here you are a racist now Pete" fortnight , with a "I here you hate the gays now Pete" plot.

Next month then, Pete will ask Dan does he want him to get his pint off the bar counter and give it to him and Dan takes offence and it will be a "I hear you are slagging the handicapped now Pete"

Then Pete slags shoulder revealing tops
    Then Pete slags people arguing in the street
    Then Pete slags people drinking coffee from anywhere apart from their home
    Then Pete slags people who wear 10 cans of grease in their hair
    Then Pete slags bald people
    Then Pete slags single mothers
    Then Pete slags Plans
    Then Pete slags bad hair roots
    Then Pete slags Kilkenny being out of the Championship

Pete goes missing for 3 months, massive campaign to find him, huge whodunnit, LoveHate returns and everyone forgives him and he starts randomly getting involved in the search campaign, gets into a relationship with Carrie Crowley.

We see Pete brushing his hair at the end of an episode in a box and we are back to Square One with The Box. We then find out LoveHate had another sister who Pete had a clash with.

Her name: LUCY :eek:

soaps_fair_city_338_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

monkey9 wrote: »
    Eoghan's boss, is there a particular storyline coming up with her or something to explain her presence or to the way she is? She's always in the vicinity of an arguement or disagreement and then willing to be a referee. Her advice to Caoimhe was "what you and Damien need to do is sit down and talk". WTF!!

Miriam is the new Ciaran, popping up everywhere for no reason but no one else seems to notice!

Does anyone here remember when Damien dated a middle-aged woman back in the early 00s when he was only in his early 20s?

George McMahons Stage School.

Good website. Seems to be a very well ran company . So I reckon he is doing ok, financially

http://www.thepaa.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

On July 20th Dermot pleats guilty and is sentenced to 9 years with 4 suspended

Spoilers please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Everyone (well the usual media type) were predicting great things for him! Like that he could be an actor that would be Cokin Farrell stature (this was back when Farrell was a top dog type in the Hollywood circle) ! He has a stage school in Celbridge, does his panto, probably gets some adverts and does the odd few FC periods so I'd say he is grand, but I reckon he may be a bit disappointed in that he was so hyped up that he never made it.

The failure tag may follow him around in that respect, even though he seems a very grounded individual and may not even have wanted to be dedicated to follow the route most thought he may have.

It is surprising he never got roles in Irish tv series or home grown film.

It is not as if he has any stereotype character following him around as Mondo isn't a big character in any sense and is fairly neutral and is rarely on screen also.

He is a good looking guy as well (I assume)

The only home grown work i remember him in was back in 2006, a 25th year commemoration drama on the Stardust tragedy. He played a young fella in a butchers'. I think but stand to be corrected, that he was a victim of the fire.

On July 20th Dermot pleats guilty and is sentenced to 9 years with 4 suspended

Link. You can't just say a spoiler without a link!

Why in God's name is he covering for everyone f*cking else. He would get less than half that if he explained the whole story

Link. You can't just say a spoiler without a link!

Why in God's name is he covering for everyone f*cking else. He would get less than half that if he explained the whole story

He should have his driving licence back by the time he gets out!

Will Dermot meet Barry in Prison?

Ha! Dermisshh is the newbie! But don't worry, after a few soap droppings, he will work his way up to King Pin !

Lots of Plans then for smuggling in phones and fags!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Since when do they allow prisoners two visits in one day? :confused:

More bad research :rolleyes:

Dermisshhh in prison a day and already he knows all the ins and outs of prison life, how everything works, who are the king pins, who are their chronies, how to behave!

Smart learner!
    Stupid planner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

These prison scenes have obviously been written by someone who has binge watched the box set of Prison Break or Bad Girls and has done zero research on Irish prisons. Dire!

Has Dan heard the juicy gossip about Caoimhe and Damo yet. He would love that!!

WTF.

A scene ago, Greasy and Dan were in Vinos having a drink. Fast forward a scene and they are having the exact same chat in The Station

• Advertisement

Has Dan heard the juicy gossip about Caoimhe and Damo yet. He would love that!!

He only cares about the Lesbians!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Robbie(is that Caddle's husband''s name?)hair is cat....something more suited to a fella 30 years younger...short back and side with the greasy slicked back on top look.....euughh....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Debbie looks different. Her hair is darker and she has a great tan.

Debbie looks different. Her hair is darker and she has a great tan.

Viviscal and Vitamin D!

Jane "I don't come cheap".

Yeah, you cost Dermot a house, you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Somebody for the love of God please tell me why Dermot isn't dropping Niamh in it? Why hasn't he told the Guards that she took half the cash and she was in on it as well??? I cant understand why hes just sitting back serving his sentence and she is free and living her life.

Oh, and Bob has completely changed his personality in the space of a week from meek follower of Renee to raspy comic book villain. These writers are doing my nut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Have all the writers forgot Doug told Pete to shove his job yet he's still working for him!

Why has Bob beef with Pete? What's their prior?

As Dermish! Hasn't even gone to trial yet and he's in Prison! 1st offense for white collar crime. FFS! Would an ounce of realism be too much.

WTF is Spillane still hanging around CarrIgstown. Dublin is not a tiny village

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why is Damon so concerned about Rose? Don't think I've ever seen them have any scenes together....... Why doesn't Dermot get bail and free legal aid? Why are Kathy's parents letting her stay at the scene of the crime?.. Why Why why....... Why am I watching this crap!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why is Damon so concerned about Rose? Don't think I've ever seen them have any scenes together....... Why doesn't Dermot get bail and free legal aid? Why are Kathy's parents letting her stay at the scene of the crime?.. Why Why why....... Why am I watching this crap!?

Its like all of the cast are behaving completely different to how their previous behaviour went, all of their actions are contradicting what they stand for. Definitely a sad side effect of all those writers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Utter muck.

"Hey Sam!"

"Hey Grandeeod!"

""Well Sam, your contribution to soap opera has been pretty dismal, even your acting skills are dubious."

"Hey Grandeeod, you can just rack off mate!"

"No probs Sam, but in Dublin lingo, you can go fook yourself, ya stupid bollix!. Oh can you teach your Irish writers to actually write dialogue that Dublin people use?"

Sam?

Sam?

Mr. Atwell?

Ok. See you in the Woolshed Bar. Preferably the jacks so I can sniff the **** you act, write and encourage others to do.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement