Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v8] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Eh, surely Trigger would have an order against him preventing him from being in any sort of proximity to the woman he assaulted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BillyKilkenny

"He's an OX murderer" wtf

Juliet looks like she is off her head on pills!!

Herself and Doug would make a good couple with all the head jerks!

Oh, christ!

I see it now!

We are going to have a scenario where Caddle and Greasy look after her sexually abusing father who assaults her in their home now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ah listen lads - will ye lay off Pete. It's tiring at this stage.

• Advertisement

What legal right does KT have to stay in that f*cking apartment, never mind the fact that it is the home of her on the loose psychopath kidnapper who has keys

This Pete nonsense is like a braindead 5 year old's version of Fr. Ted meets Fawlty Towers with all the "getting out of hand" series' of events

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Why do all the homeless characters have massive chips on their shoulders. Jake, Pat, Amanda and now Eamon are one whiny group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Cazale wrote: »
    Why do all the homeless characters have massive chips on their shoulders. Jake, Pat, Amanda and now Eamon are one whiny group.

100%agree. You just couldn't say the right thing to any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What legal right does KT have to stay in that f*cking apartment, never mind the fact that it is the home of her on the loose psychopath kidnapper who has keys

Absolutely ridiculous and wouldn't happen in a million years. The place is a crime scene and yet not only does the victim have her own key, she is also LIVING there. And not a scrap of the Irish media camping out her door which would absolutely be the case if this really happened. Lazy beyond belief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Holy f*ckin sh*t balls KT is living in Ciaran's flat! FFS! That is beyond insane! Who is paying the bills? Is she not doing any therapy at all? She still believes Emmet is a rapist?

Who's daughter is the actress that plays Juliette?

Has Jake forgotten about his crusade to get Cathal?

Callum is living rent free, working full time and has 20 grand in the bank. He could buy a flat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

How do RTE or the FC Team internally get away with this rubbish? I thought Jane casually moving in no questions asked in Dermotts was rediculous but KT in LH's apartment? What the actual f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Mondo's daughter should have an English accent, not a D4 one
    laylag wrote: »
    Juliet looks about 25!

I actually thought Juliet sounded like a Spanish woman with good English. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

So Juliette is supposedly 14. 3 years older than Ellie.

Come on RTE give us some bit of credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Oh, christ!

I see it now!

We are going to have a scenario where Caddle and Greasy look after her sexually abusing father who assaults her in their home now!!

But that would be a decent storyline.

Won't happen.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    But that would be a decent storyline.

Won't happen.

No it wouldn't. It would be ridiculous.

In general I can only thank posts that reflect my opinion because I have really lost the will to comment in detail. I'm still watching the show because despite it being absolute muck, it reminds me of why the Irish TV industry is an unmitigated disaster run by idiots. This has always been the way.

A 20 million deficit announced by RTE and they blame stuff like the Euros and the 1916 commeration?:rolleyes: Look closer to home lads. Seriously.

No it wouldn't. It would be ridiculous.

I think you either love the show or enjoy being a kind of celebrity commentator on this thread. What I suggested would be a direction that a decent soap would take. Unlike the Laurel and Hardy approach that FC takes, avoiding real drama. I'll humour you with my experienced opinion. Take the miscarriage that Farrah had. A decent soap would have had the Ciaran lad being exposed ad KTs captor. (a lot more quickly) and none of the rediculous carry on we saw. Once realising that he was a locked up nutjob, she would have decided to abort the baby. Herein we create realistic drama and tackle issues that are relevant to Irish society. Ya know, the kind of thing a decent soap should be.

Maybe I have lost touch and ye all enjoy watching rubbish created by people with very little talent. But to call my suggestion rediculous, when its based on creating actual drama and not some bonkers crap from some Aussie and his Irish minions is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I think you either love the show or enjoy being a kind of celebrity commentator on this thread. What I suggested would be a direction that a decent soap would take. Unlike the Laurel and Hardy approach that FC takes, avoiding real drama. I'll humour you with my experienced opinion. Take the miscarriage that Farrah had. A decent soap would have had the Ciaran lad being exposed ad KTs captor. (a lot more quickly) and none of the rediculous carry on we saw. Once realising that he was a locked up nutjob, she would have decided to abort the baby. Herein we create realistic drama and tackle issues that are relevant to Irish society. Ya know, the kind of thing a decent soap should be.

Maybe I have lost touch and ye all enjoy watching rubbish created by people with very little talent. But to call my suggestion rediculous, when its based on creating actual drama and not some bonkers crap from some Aussie and his Irish minions is laughable.

No a decent soap would have Ciaran banging KT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

phi3 wrote: »
    Any danger of Damien turning abusive. Like his dad, and Susanne...?

The poor fupper can't keep his hands out of his pockets long enough to give anyone a slap. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,813 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Absolutely ridiculous and wouldn't happen in a million years. The place is a crime scene and yet not only does the victim have her own key, she is also LIVING there. And not a scrap of the Irish media camping out her door which would absolutely be the case if this really happened. Lazy beyond belief!

I think we're meant to believe it is a completely different apartment to the one she was held hostage in. Eoghan said something a couple of weeks ago about her staying in an apartment "in town". But it is clearly the same apartment and even has the same venetian blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This aired in Scotland recently!

Joe and Dermot has just opened their Launderette! Happier times!

DEiDwsXXsAAmWWw.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thats Neil (Petes son) there too isn't it?

How in god's name did that sap get a part in that show? He's one of the worse actors ever! He should stick too the mcdonald ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Good to see little Juliet back!

29131750_191.jpg

This was her when she popped back in 2015. Nice one 'writers'

Fair-City-77-Juliet-comes-clean-about-stealing-the-charity-money-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

How in god's name did that sap get a part in that show? He's one of the worse actors ever! He should stick too the mcdonald ads!

He had a bit part in the first series as a friend of one of the main characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

laylag wrote: »
    Juliet looks about 25!

She reminds me a bit of Saoirse Ronan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

I can never think of that girl's name who was a cleaner for Jackie but i find her extremely attractive :) I know i mentioned before but very like Kelly McDonald. Am i alone in my thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

nagdefy wrote: »
    I can never think of that girl's name who was a cleaner for Jackie but i find her extremely attractive :) I know i mentioned before but very like Kelly McDonald. Am i alone in my thinking?

Melanie? Yes she is very attractive. Her name suggests she may be Eastern European perhaps, but that's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think we're meant to believe it is a completely different apartment to the one she was held hostage in. Eoghan said something a couple of weeks ago about her staying in an apartment "in town". But it is clearly the same apartment and even has the same venetian blinds.

Nope, she told Charlotte it's Ciaran's flat. I just couldn't believe it, for weeks we're lead to believe she's staying in a flat in town and it turns out to be Ciaran's flat. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Does anyone want to place a bet that Dolores won't be walking the streets again in tonight's episode?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement