Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to cancel a bank transfer which still shows as in progress?

Options
  • 08-07-2017 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hello

I made a mistake regarding the amount sent on a bank transfer this evening. This hasn't been processed yet. I was wondering is it an option to cancel this transfer before being processed?

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It may be difficult. Talk to a human on Banking 365 - see contact section here: https://www.bankofireland.com/

There won't be anyone from BoI online here on boards until Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Victor wrote: »
    It may be difficult. Talk to a human on Banking 365 - see contact section here: https://www.bankofireland.com/

There won't be anyone from BoI online here on boards until Monday morning.
    Just spoke to CS. Seems to be impossible to cancel unfortunately, even if the transfer was not processed yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

j4vier wrote: »
    Hello

I made a mistake regarding the amount sent on a bank transfer this evening. This hasn't been processed yet. I was wondering is it an option to cancel this transfer before being processed?

thank you
    Good Morning j4vier, 

Thanks for getting in touch here. 

Once the transfer was confirmed with 3 random digits from your 365 Pin, then I'm afraid it's not possible for us to cancel this. At this stage we would suggest that you contact the person whom the transfer was made to to ask them to send the funds back to your account. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Hi,

I believe I will never receive a refund from the website from which I ordered from, can BOI help me at all? or suggest a procedure to try and recover my money?

I followed with the retailer all steps required to cancel the order, ask for a refund, but their lack of communication is disheartening and almost 30 days have passed from my request for a refund.

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

j4vier wrote: »
    Hi,

I believe I will never receive a refund from the website from which I ordered from, can BOI help me at all? or suggest a procedure to try and recover my money?

I followed with the retailer all steps required to cancel the order, ask for a refund, but their lack of communication is disheartening and almost 30 days have passed from my request for a refund.

Thank you
    Hi j4vier, 

Thanks for your post. 

If it is a transaction made with your Visa Debit card on this retailers website, you can fill in a Transaction dispute form. This form can be found on our website here to download and print. Please post it back to the address included at the end of the form.

Thanks, 
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi Sarah,

This transaction involved a bank transfer as mentioned in the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi J4vier,

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies, I misunderstood your latest post. In this instance we would advise you to try contacting the retailer again. If they do not respond to you, please report this to the Gardaí as fraud as we would be unable to arrange a refund for a payment made through 365 Online. Once you confirm the transfer giving your three digits of your 365 PIN, we are unable to recall a payment back to your account.

Thanks,
    Sarah 

Advertisement