Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2017 stage 9: Nantua > Chambéry - 181,5 km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

holy crap it was uran

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A bit of a bad joke today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

What a day. Such a shame for Dan, and Porte obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ehhhhh hang on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Holy moly that was an incredible stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

What a finish to a crazy stage. Not so sure Barguil won (I hope he did), it the photo finish looks like Uran. I was surprised to see them all work with Froome.

Carlton Kirby has just announced it as Uran and the official results confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

lol did they call the wrong result??

What a day for Uran, savage going. Heartbreaking for Dan, wasnt his fault at all and he would have been a fav for the sprint.

Oh thats horrible if they've given the wrong man the nod :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Dan is an absolute legend, chapeau

Legend is too small an accolade. Fastest man 'on and off a bike' over the last 25km or so!

• Advertisement

9th for Dan is incredible after that accident

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

1130762_1280x720.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Caprica wrote: »
    I was surprised to see them all work with Froome.
    Why? They were all trying to win the stage and needed to catch Bardet to do it. Why would they give up on a chance of a stage win?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Dan is a lucky guy after being taken out like he was but what an effort to get back to just a minute or so down.

Tremendous end to the stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Dan gives great interviews

Uran did that with his gears limited to a choice of 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The webuyanycar fella sitting on the yellow couch, his eyebrows trouble me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

lol i forgot that uran's gears were wrecked as well, so he won on a fixie!

That dutch journalist will have plenty to fill tomorrows report...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

RobertKK wrote: »
    But it was not the error of Dan Martin that Porte crashed.

True but human error of a cyclist lead to Martin crash.

Any news on Porte. Is he ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They should have waited for Dan, not his fault he was taken down, just like it was not the fault of Froome his bike had a problem.

This is why the unwritten rule is a joke, and they either wait for all with a problem not caused by the person in question, or they wait for no one.

I would prefer they wait for no one. The person who put Froome's bike together might be the reason for the problem and so is human error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

velo.2010 wrote: »

So much hype and hope for today and yet again a stage that fails to deliver really.

Well, I got that slightly wrong a few km from the top of the climb. Still, we've seen so many days like this before where the GC guys simply wait until the last climb. The 100km stages offer more hope.

I can see the next 2 weeks being a procession for Froome now, with him gradually eeking out more time before winning the final TT and his fourth Tour.

Hope Porte is not as seriously hurt as it looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

RobertKK wrote: »
    They should have waited for Dan, not his fault he was taken down, just like it was not the fault of Froome his bike had a problem.

This is why the unwritten rule is a joke, and they either wait for all with a problem not caused by the person in question, or they wait for no one.

I would prefer they wait for no one. The person who put Froome's bike together might be the reason for the problem and so is human error.

I suppose the danger with that is you could have a guy deliberately taken down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I am inclined to believe had Froome got caught up and Dan etc carried on and won we'd be talking about a brilliant win and not bothering giving out about not waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Weepsie wrote: »
    I am inclined to believe had Froome got caught up and Dan etc carried on and won we'd be talking about a brilliant win and not bothering giving out about not waiting.

Exactly...lots of crashes today ...its all part of cycling (unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭Panrich

Weepsie wrote: »

Karma didn't work for Dan or Porte today. They were the two who didn't attack when Froome had his issue. By the way does anyone know what Froomes problem was?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Froome gives Aru a piece of his mind, and the crowd.

https://twitter.com/lionelbirnie/status/884058385246801923

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

Nobody waited for Dan Martin.

porte has reportedly broken a vertebrae actording to what i can make out on tg4 commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

LOL... I switched over to the hurling straight away after the finish. Just realised Uran won!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Well that's that then...Froome & Sky to win the Tour again

Bardet & Aru are still up there but on the final climb today it looked like Porte was the only climbing threat to Froome for me

Hope Dan Martin recovers well...still on for a top 5 but the way stages pan out who knows could go higher yet if he is ok

Advertisement