Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant 3 day ban from AH - no priors

Options
  • 08-07-2017 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

I messaged the mod, he stands by the ban.

There was a thread about LGBTxxxx implying how it's gotten out of hand with all the letters associated with it on after hours.

I wrote this
    When will they add S for schizophrenic and other mental illnesses?

I made the mistake of lumping the T in before, I draw the line at LGB.

As a conservative I believe in certain things. I can accept that how I phrased the above is rude, but it's not the Politics forum, it's after hours. If the mod in question sent me a warning or posted a message in the thread to keep things civil I would have adhered. I did continue in a similar vein trying to back up my points from links to college studies and articles from publications from the WSJ. Transgender issues and things such as "queer" are a liberal belief system and those who I admire on the right such as Ben Shapiro reject them. I believe people enabling such behavior are crazy when there's no scientific evidence supporting it. Here's the video in which I got the statistics from and I went to the bother of finding the actual links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHhJNsgNovU&t=124s

I wrote about the army and transgender after seeing this on Tucker Carlsons show last night. The segment is at 34 minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGEeV4zWV94

To me, those who enable such behavior without scientific evidence are akin to those who enable bad behavior and I reject it. I'm allowed to believe that.

I was banned for Trolling :

"This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members."

I've never been banned from after hours in 10 years before ( I think ). It wasn't my intention to troll people, and that's evident how I posted links to studies and articles and so on. It wasn't my attention, I just flat out disagree with the opposing viewpoint.

I accept my tone was bad, but a 3 day outright ban is unfair.

If I created a thread in AH saying those who aren't pro-life are killing babies for example I would be met with a similar tone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Hank

The process for handing disputes is outlined above. The first step is for you to contact the mods and attempt to resolve this between yourselves. Can you confirm if this has happened?

Until you confirm this, we will not proceed here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

dudara wrote: »
    Hi Hank

The process for handing disputes is outlined above. The first step is for you to contact the mods and attempt to resolve this between yourselves. Can you confirm if this has happened?

Until you confirm this, we will not proceed here

I messaged the mod who banned me, he wrote this

"Appeal away cause I'm not changing my mind."

Thanks for confirming. I'll request a CMod to look at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Nothing personal towards you I just think long term posters here should be given warnings and such before being banned for stating ones opinion about pseudo science in an AH thread. In the Politics forum it's no longer allowed to talk about immigration in the Trump thread even though it's what won him the presidency. Given the declining traffic it might be something to consider for moderators. Boards has gotten far too liberal and Politics among other forums have become a collective echo chamber of group think. I've been labeled racist there on numerous occasions and nothing was done about it even after reporting posts. I'm not so unaware to think I'm an angel either though.

Thanks for all the work you've done over the years along with Dev and the other staff, honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi Hank, I will look into this.

May I please request that you share the PM exchange here for review?

• Advertisement

Thread closed as OP has closed his account

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement