Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

abused by uncle but let it go but friend going to claim

• 08-07-2017 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi I'm lost into what to do, my uncle sexually abused myself and 2 off my sister and a family friend who used to visit us,, I took him to court to get what I felt I needed, for him to own up to what he did.

A lot of my family we not happy with us but we needed closure.

Anyhow move on 7 years my Uncle has died and 1 year ago my blood aunt died she has left everything to her brothers and sisters which I am happy about, but they got a letter in the post that the family friend ie our friend at that time is claiming and has said she is traumatised! which we are too, but we didn't do it for money.

I found out today the court case is on this Tue and it is likely she will get a lumpsum from what is left from my aunties money, she owned a house and has other money.

I'm just thinking now that me and my sisters may be silly to let this go as she may take everything from my dad and other aunts and ancles when we went threw a lot worse than her.

I would really appreciate some views on this as I only found out today and the case is on Tuesday. I don't want to regret anything. I understand that she may need to do this but at the same time I'm worried she clean dad and his family dry when me and my sisters where the ones who it happened to a lot more often.

Any words or thoughts I would appreciate as my head is all over the place xx

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hi,

This is too serious an issue for discussion on an internet forum. You need professional advice from a solicitor.

I am sorry for your situation but I have to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement