Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Kevins Asylum

Options
  • 09-07-2017 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So i see St kevins Asylum in Cork has been destroyed by fire. When i was last in Cork i visited the site but did not venture to any of the abandoned parts and just had a look up at the impressive structure it was. Just curios to hear if anyone has ever been inside the building and was it as spooky as its been reported to be? And if so did you have any strange experiences inside? not counting bashing into any junkies! I have some other posts about the asylum complex but they where from a number of years ago and was wondering if anyone had more recent experiences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Css189

We have investigated all the Asylum buildings over the last few years. St.Kevs was the most interesting. We picked up a possible EVP of a male voice on the 1st floor and got the sound of a key turning in a door on an audio left on the empty top floor. We also heard a door bang in there and what sounded like whispering voices and light movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jcollins1000

An EVP is a voice not heard at the time but picked up on camera am i right? Would it be possible for me to hear any of this audio? And By the way who is we? Are you with a paranormal group as it be something id love to get back into..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Such a shame to see it gone, but it was bound to happen.. I was in the Church which was lovely I must say but again a shame to see it left go to pot, also in one of the records building which was actually pretty ****, there was lots of patient records left there, blood samples crap like that. Shows they didn't give a hoot..

Never got into the main part but have friends who did.. They said it was great to explore but as such nothing major happened in there to spook them. Banging doors but that was prob winds etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

A relative of mine was an inpatient almost 25 years ago, no joke.

I stood there and sadly watched as it was burning.

I literally live just behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Css189

Yup JCollins1000 where a paranormal team based in the city. If you would like to hear some of the audio check out our Facebook page Cork Supernatural Society or send me on your email and il happily send it on for you to listen to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

A relative of mine was an inpatient almost 25 years ago, no joke.

I stood there and sadly watched as it was burning.

I literally live just behind it.

Do you mind me asking if your relative was ever discharged? I've lived in the area too for nearly 40 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

northgirl wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking if your relative was ever discharged? I've lived in the area too for nearly 40 years.

DM on the way to you.

Advertisement