Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducato CV boot dimensions???

Options
  • 09-07-2017 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭

Yesterday, I left my 2002-2006 model 2.8JTD Ducato in for an overhaul of the front suspension and replacement of all four CV boots, two of which I'd found to be split at the last under-body check, one wheel-end, one gearbox-end.

When I went to pick up the vehicle, the mechanic said that the parts I supplied myself were wrong size for the gearbox side of the gearbox-end CV boot.

I ordered these Febi Bilstein "kits" - 14906 (gearbox) and 14495 (wheel) both of which have an inner diameter of 29mm. According to the mechanic, the wheel-end boot is fine. I couldn't find any other boot with a 29mm shaft diameter that had a larger gearbox diameter, and the larger one that I did find doesn't include the Ducato in the list of compatible vehicles (but I've had to go "off list" to get the right part before).

He's offered to bodge a fix for the split one, but before I tell him I'm not happy to be collecting my vehicle still wearing the same end-of-life parts that have already split, can anyone tell me if I did give him the wrong ones ... and if so, what size should I have bought?

Comments

Advertisement