Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017 Nvidia Shield

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

dodzy wrote: »
    Any combo will do fine (SAT / TERR). But you'll need a sat dish for the UK stuff and antenna for the local channels. The ideal would be Freesat (channels auto update) for the UK stuff and separate for saorview but that 2 boxes/2 controls.

Have you dish or/and antenna in place ?

She has a Sky dish, so would need an antenna for saorview. There might still be an old NTL basic cable connection, can that be piggy-backed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have a Play tv and Vu+ box set up for Saorview and Sat. Works perfectly all on the one box and EPG(Cross) that updates nightly

There is a cheap Edision combo box ,freetv used to sell them.Cant think of the name right now but that would do the trick as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

corwill wrote: »
    She has a Sky dish, so would need an antenna for saorview. There might still be an old NTL basic cable connection, can that be piggy-backed?
    Forget old NTL cable.

Sky dish in situ saves a bit of hassle assuming its still functional. Ideally, i'd mount antenna alongside dish, get 2 combiners (allowing the existing sky cable to channel both SAT & TERR frequencies down a single coax length to the TV), nd a cheap combo box from satworld (€40-50).

Yaba above pointed to a Vu+. Excellent bit of kit but a bit of setup effort required and far pricier than the cheap combos.

Plenty of help here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Thanks folks, more than enough info to get me going, I'll leave the off-topic posting at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Forget old NTL cable.

Sky dish in situ saves a bit of hassle assuming its still functional. Ideally, i'd mount antenna alongside dish, get 2 combiners (allowing the existing sky cable to channel both SAT & TERR frequencies down a single coax length to the TV), nd a cheap combo box from satworld (€40-50).

Yaba above pointed to a Vu+. Excellent bit of kit but a bit of setup effort required and far pricier than the cheap combos.

Plenty of help here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Just as an aside to this, I use an E2 box(Mutant HD2400) and share my tuners on that to my shields via the Vu+ plugin.
    You can also share the tuners via any of the IPTV plugins by just sharing the www address of the bouquet.

In my case I created a combined bouquet of all the UK freeview and Irish Saorview channels.
    That gives me a really broad fallover for the times my IPTV provider is down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yellowbear

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Has anyone played GTA San Andreas on their Shield here? How's the controller support?

Played it through to the end last year. Only issue I had with the controller was I couldn't open the map properly. Got on grand with everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

yellowbear wrote: »
    Played it through to the end last year. Only issue I had with the controller was I couldn't open the map properly. Got on grand with everything else.

Did you need to sideload it?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yellowbear

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Did you need to sideload it?

No you can buy it on the play store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

ellobee wrote: »
    Same here. ;)

Closed to new members now though AFAIK.
    Sure let me try anyway they might recommend someone else if they won't take on new customers
    If stuck I'm on a cracker for months,,,, everything pm

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FrToddUnctious

Anyone looking for it pm me

Can ye not just post it in the thread? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

You can if you want to kill the thread and possibly get carded!!!

You can if you want to kill the thread and possibly get carded!!!

boards is ridiculous :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

boards is ridiculous :o

The PM chat isn't allowed either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm interested to see who everyone is talking about that they are so highly rated :D. Although I have a feeling I know who some of them are already.

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm interested to see who everyone is talking about that they are so highly rated :D. Although I have a feeling I know who some of them are already.

Was thinking similar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

yeah didn't think so, there are only a few main suppliers left everyone else is a reseller they are all selling the same thing

Most servers have gotten smarter now and don't sell so openly. The ones that were huge this time last year have done a disappearing act making it look like they shut up shop when they really just went underground to avoid EPL blocks and being arrested. There are still hundreds of independent servers around though. Not just a few.

It's only a matter of time before the fla***** guy gets taken down. He registered the server as a legitimate company in the UK and even I know his home address. Anyone can see it on companies house with a quick search. It's a miracle he has lasted this long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Oat23 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before the fla***** guy gets taken down. He registered the server as a legitimate company in the UK and even I know his home address. Anyone can see it on companies house with a quick search. It's a miracle he has lasted this long.

Don't say that!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Don't say that!!!!
    We better get it back on topic. What are people's impressions of the live channels app on the shield and has anyone integrated saorview into it.

We better get it back on topic. What are people's impressions of the live channels app on the shield and has anyone integrated saorview into it.

I used it to add my IPTV service, but I can't even figure out how to easily find channels. All I have is a list of 1500 channels that I have to scroll through....

Will have to figure out what options it has later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Anyone use Now TV on the shield? been thinking about signing up for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Anyone use Now TV on the shield? been thinking about signing up for it

The app doesn't work, at least not for me. It exits after it starts up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Basil3 wrote: »
    I used it to add my IPTV service, but I can't even figure out how to easily find channels. All I have is a list of 1500 channels that I have to scroll through....

Will have to figure out what options it has later.

Android remote on your phone
    press & hold the center/ok button on the channel you want to favourite
    Add either a star or add to favourites.

Thats how it works with mine, but it depends on the app etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭funnyname

Would this work with the shield ?

https://powercity.ie/product/WPS818C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

funnyname wrote: »
    Would this work with the shield ?

https://powercity.ie/product/WPS818C

That's a combo satellite and terrestrial box. It connects to your TV using HDMI

As a back up for IPTV on Shield?
    It would but show be similar for around 50 quid .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Better to go with a Linux box. Can we stream out to laptops, phones and tabs over WiFi and even keep it in another room and add the channels to the Shield
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057827739/64/#post107877615

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Better to go with a Linux box. Can we stream out to laptops, phones and tabs over WiFi and even keep it in another room and add the channels to the Shield
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057827739/64/#post107877615
    You could use the dream player app to stream from e2 box to the shield. Dreamplayer can pick up your fta sat channels and your IPTV channels and group them nicely I don't have a combo box so I don't know about the saorview channels but I imagine it could be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any one want to recommend a good iptv by PM ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Slowly becoming a /thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

2smiggy wrote: »
    any one want to recommend a good iptv by PM ?

Have a look on reddit iptv forums. Its a swamp of spamming resellers but you may find some suggestions.

Anyone looking for it pm me

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Sorry if this has been asked before but thinking of getting IPTV and wondering if someone can recommend a fast vpn , looking for the vpn to support about 4 devices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,829 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

BrendanD wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but thinking of getting IPTV and wondering if someone can recommend a fast vpn , looking for the vpn to support about 4 devices

Why do you need a vpn for iptv ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

Bit confused is it not a safer option to have a vpn ?

I dont use one but I suppose it would stop an ISP from throttling your service if that ever became an issue.
    I don't think it would with there being channels coming from several different places.

• Advertisement

No need for one when using iptv
    Smart dns is handy for the uk channels, I use getflix and also gives me the option of Netflix USA

My speeds haven’t been throttled and I’m using serious amount of internet here, all my viewing is via the shield online

Same I only stream now.Havent used Vu box in ages .

Thanks guys for clearing that up

No

Thanks for clearing that up guy! I didn't see the 20 other posts telling me :):):)

No need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

I’m trying to download an apk and it downloads (afaik) but I can’t find it anywhere after it downloads. Any ideas where it might go?

wawaman wrote: »
    I’m trying to download an apk and it downloads (afaik) but I can’t find it anywhere after it downloads. Any ideas where it might go?

Try posting in the shield tips and tricks threads, they have some tech savvy people over there

Probably in side load launcher

I’m trying to download an apk and it downloads (afaik) but I can’t find it anywhere after it downloads. Any ideas where it might go?[/quoter
    go into settings,then apps

I’m trying to download an apk and it downloads (afaik) but I can’t find it anywhere after it downloads. Any ideas where it might go?[/quoter
    go into settings,then apps
    Settings,APIs,and downloaded apps

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been locked with all the fckin IPTV talk. Just google the thing FFS, and let the thread live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been locked with all the fckin IPTV talk. Just google the thing FFS, and let the thread live.

There is also a Tips and Tricks thread in the Android section for general discussion of the Shield.

Giving mods tips and tricks now lol

Giving mods tips and tricks now lol

You think they're not watching this ?;)

You think they're not watching this ?;)

Unless a user reports something or there’s is a link to something illegal then we are safe enough, it’s only chat and advice after all and it is probably best kept on the tips and trick thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement