Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017 Nvidia Shield

Comments

Shield down to £155 on Amazon

Nvidia SHIELD TV with Remote and Controller https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBJ6KZY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZmZKBb9W05146

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Basil3 wrote: »

Nvidia SHIELD TV with Remote and Controller https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBJ6KZY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZmZKBb9W05146

Ahh ffs I just ordered one last tuesday almost 40euro difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

ellobee wrote: »
    Ahh ffs I just ordered one last tuesday almost 40euro difference

Send it back and buy it at reduced rate

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

Will they take it back no questions asked?? Do you know how long it takes to get cash back also I'm getting through parcel motel and it hasn't arrived in the north yet although it's been dispatched do I have to wait until I physically have it before I can cancel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Will they take it back no questions asked?? Do you know how long it takes to get cash back also I'm getting through parcel motel and it hasn't arrived in the north yet although it's been dispatched do I have to wait until I physically have it before I can cancel it.

If it's Amazon just cancel the order. I've cancelled stuff that was already dispatched before. They'll recall it as long as it's not delivered, no hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What this lad said. ^^^

In fact I'd nearly say that getting on to customer care might see the more expensive one get the difference refunded, that's how much faith I put in amazon.

Anyone that has been on the fence about a shield should really grab the opportunity now at this price.

It's really really in a field of its own in comparison with other devices.

Just running stbemu on it this morning here watching the All Blacks v Argentina on iptv in stunning HD. The kids will be playing fortnite on it later, and the wife will have it playing stuff via Google home later. It gets used by everyone in here.

stop thinking about it, it will be the best 170 odd euro you'll ever spend.

What this lad said. ^^^

In fact I'd nearly say that getting on to customer care might see the more expensive one get the difference refunded, that's how much faith I put in amazon.
    I might do that because when I go to the returns process it seems that there is no returns label provided and because I got mine delivered to parcel motel in the north it's telling me to go to a Royal mail p o. And they will print the return label

I might do that because when I go to the returns process it seems that there is no returns label provided and because I got mine delivered to parcel motel in the north it's telling me to go to a Royal mail p o. And they will print the return label

Parcel Motel have received it then, if you want to return now you'll have to receive it and then pay parcel Motel again for them to put it in royal mail paying parcel Motel twice. Not worth the hassle now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just got onto live support I received mine yesterday and he said they couldn't return the difference but did say I could return my item for a full refund and order again. It's not worth that hassel so he then offered me 4 months prime membership I'll take that thank you.

Parcel Motel have received it then, if you want to return now you'll have to receive it and then pay parcel Motel again for them to put it in royal mail paying parcel Motel twice. Not worth the hassle now
    I got on to customer service and they were having none of it about refunding me the difference I even said I would take vouchers but no joy however I told him my dilemma with parcel motel and he said just post it back and send the receipt and they would refund postage

I got on to customer service and they were having none of it about refunding me the difference I even said I would take vouchers but no joy however I told him my dilemma with parcel motel and he said just post it back and send the receipt and they would refund postage

I have had amazon refund me in full - including postage without receipt before.

Prime membership here for a good few years, unsure if that makes any difference to the scenario or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Prime membership here for a good few years, unsure if that makes any difference to the scenario or not.

Price tracker apps put an end to easy refunds.

ahh I dying to get it so I might just suck it and take it

For €40 I would be ordering another shipped to Ireland and send the other back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Maybe try getting on them on chat first, they may give you a voucher for the difference as a goodwill gesture. Would save the hassle of returning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Anyone that has been on the fence about a shield should really grab the opportunity now at this price.

It's really really in a field of its own in comparison with other devices.

Just running stbemu on it this morning here watching the All Blacks v Argentina on iptv in stunning HD. The kids will be playing fortnite on it later, and the wife will have it playing stuff via Google home later. It gets used by everyone in here.

stop thinking about it, it will be the best 170 odd euro you'll ever spend.
    Yep good advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hmm very tempted to buy a second one of these

tipperary wrote: »
    Maybe try getting on them on chat first, they may give you a voucher for the difference as a goodwill gesture. Would save the hassle of returning
    did that no joy!!

did that no joy!!

How long have you been a customer, and are you a prime member?

• Advertisement

How long have you been a customer, and are you a prime member?
    im not a prime member but I have been a customer for a long time, anyway good news I got back on to cs at Amazon cause when I was on earlier the guy said he would send me the returns address and he didn't so when I got back on this guy said he could cancel the order as it hadn't been delivered yet even though tracking said it was delivered so it's cancelled and I reordered a new one at the cheaper price. And I should have a full refund 2/3 days after they receive it back. I hope I don't end up with 2 of these. I got a transcript of the chat just in case

im not a prime member but I have been a customer for a long time, anyway good news I got back on to cs at Amazon cause when I was on earlier the guy said he would send me the returns address and he didn't so when I got back on this guy said he could cancel the order as it hadn't been delivered yet even though tracking said it was delivered so it's cancelled and I reordered a new one at the cheaper price. And I should have a full refund 2/3 days after they receive it back. I hope I don't end up with 2 of these. I got a transcript of the chat just in case

Even if you get both just return one and they will process the refund

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

Is the one on amazon the new thinner model ?

Is this worth it even if you have a smart TV?

Is Metal Gear Solid on this good ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

doctorg wrote: »
    Is the one on amazon the new thinner model ?

Is this worth it even if you have a smart TV?

Is Metal Gear Solid on this good ? :D

Depends what you are going to use it for.If you only want IPTV then its probably not worth it.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Depends what you are going to use it for.If you only want IPTV then its probably not worth it.
    You can have some fun messing about with the shield

https://youtu.be/GdDwiwYfyEs

You can have some fun messing about with the shield

https://youtu.be/GdDwiwYfyEs

Messing about with it today it really does work well, some of the stuff I say it doesn't understand but that's not surprising.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Messing about with it today it really does work well, some of the stuff I say it doesn't understand but that's not surprising.
    haha why's that are you from kerry

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

right guys i already have the following

a smart tv not 4k , with plex as netfilx replacement
    smart iptv app for iptv
    an xbox
    a nas with movies.

whats the advantage of the shield over my setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

irishgeo wrote: »

smart iptv app for iptv
    an xbox
    a nas with movies.

You wont need an xbox or nas set up :D
    less cabling
    less hassle
    less electricity
    more wifi or ethernet free

• Advertisement

That’s not very funny
    Try after hours

That’s not very funny
    Try after hours

You mean try dad's jokes page for a decent joke first :)

You wont need an xbox or nas set up :D
    less cabling
    less hassle
    less electricity
    more wifi or ethernet free

Still need an Xbox haha you won't replace an Xbox with a shield that easy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

irishgeo wrote: »

smart iptv app for iptv
    an xbox
    a nas with movies.

Not too much. More responsive interface maybe.

Even if you get both just return one and they will process the refund
    I Fecking knew it I just got a text from parcel motel that my Nvidia shield is ready for collection. It's going to be so hard to send it back . I want to play with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Probably a silly question but would the Nivida work on a iPhone hotspot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I’ve just bought a second one. That’s how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

How is the gaming with the Geforce beta? I was half considering getting a Xbox but I'll have very limited time to play so I wouldn't mind a cheaper alternative!

I'm right in thinking I can purchase through stream without actually requiring a PC? It'll stream through the shield then?

Xaniaj wrote: »
    How is the gaming with the Geforce beta? I was half considering getting a Xbox but I'll have very limited time to play so I wouldn't mind a cheaper alternative!

I'm right in thinking I can purchase through stream without actually requiring a PC? It'll stream through the shield then?

Yes, the only issue in finding compared to pc gaming is that the game needs to have controller support. I'm like you don't have much time for gaming so this is a great alternative

• Advertisement

Xaniaj wrote: »

I played call of duty ww2 online last night and it was a bit laggy couldn't play it but i did a cpuple of staged of dirt rally and it seemed spot on.

Yeah you pretty much buy on steam and stream them from stream or uplay...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Yes, the only issue in finding compared to pc gaming is that the game needs to have controller support. I'm like you don't have much time for gaming so this is a great alternative

Ya, I imagine the controller requirement limits the options but sounds good!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

jayo26 wrote: »
    I played call of duty ww2 online last night and it was a bit laggy couldn't play it but i did a cpuple of staged of dirt rally and it seemed spot on.

Yeah you pretty much buy on steam and stream them from stream or uplay...

I find Wifi can be a bit laggy if doing anything in "real time" online so I've mine hooked up to powerline adapters and they are working perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭razor12345

Just looking for people's top recommend apps for the shield

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

razor12345 wrote: »

Retrox for all your childhood memories :D
    Netflix & Plex for media
    SteamLink & GeForce Now to never see your family again :o

razor12345 wrote: »

The apps will be different for everyone depending on their maim uses, my main ones getting used are
    emby (I pay for a subscription too lazy to have my own content)
    Stb emu for iptv
    Uk tv players using a smart dns
    Netflix using a Turkish subscription
    GeForce

• Advertisement

The apps will be different for everyone depending on their maim uses, my main ones getting used are
    Stb emu for iptv
    GeForce

Pretty much the same as all of the above with retroX on top.

Clareman wrote: »
    I find Wifi can be a bit laggy if doing anything in "real time" online so I've mine hooked up to powerline adapters and they are working perfectly.

Agree mate but mine is wired directly into my virgin router and 350mb download and 45mb upload.

Stb emu for iptv
    GeForce
    Anyone got a link for a free version of stbemu pro
    It use to be free on Aptoide but not anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It's like a fiver..... Chirst it's worth every penny

Anyone got a link for a free version of stbemu pro
    It use to be free on Aptoide but not anymore

The regular version works just fine for me, as far as I know the only difference in the pro version was no adverts, I’m on the free one for a year now and haven’t seen a single advert

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement