Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc build help. What can I get for my budget (noob alert)

Options
  • 09-07-2017 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

1. What is your budget? €800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/live streaming/Internet]
    If gaming which games? battlefield 1/battlegrounds/assetto corsa

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? unsure of what it is.

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Cash/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? Anytime

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Buying a graphics card is the budget killer at the moment due to the cryto-currency craze. Stock is non-existent and prices, when there is stock, are extortionate. Probably best bang for buck imo is a second hand GTX 970 which you should get for €160-180 on adverts.

Personally I'd go with a Ryzen 1600 + AM4 motherboard + 8gb fast Ram (can be upgraded later) for about €400. 120gb SSD and a 1TB HDD about €100. 500w psu €50. Case €50.
    Such a setup would have you gaming at 1080p high/ultra with a good upgrade path in the future should you decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Actually if you have the patience to wait 2-4 weeks for the GPU to dispatch and can stretch the budget a little bit you might be in luck for a really, really good system:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor (£191.47 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Kingston - Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory (£67.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Silicon Power - Silm S55 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£41.19 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB GAMING X+ Graphics Card (£258.82 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£62.86 @ Amazon UK)
    Other: ASUS PRIME B350M-A AMD B350 DDR4 S-ATA 600 Micro ATX Motherboard - Black (£64.09 @ Amazon UK)
    Other: AVP Hyperion mATX Case (£22.99 @ Novatech)
    Total: £749.38
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-09 16:04 BST+0100

£749 = €847 + €7.95 delivery for the case via Parcel Motel (Novatech do not deliver to Ireland but PM are brilliant) = €855.

Case (link here) is just a decent looking, very low cost one - you can get better again if you stretch the budget a bit more but I wouldn't sacrifice any of the components to do so if I were you; a 580 8GB GPU/1600 CPU build is a really, really good setup. And I can't remember because they've been up a good few weeks now, but even before the mining spike €290 for an RX 580 8GB I think would have been a good price. All components bar the case coming from Amazon is kind of handy too, didn't actually do that on purpose they just came out like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mrhan

thank you so much for the replies. I'm going to check out adverts now for a graphics card.

Advertisement