Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick city e-parking

• 09-07-2017 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

So i have downloaded this Limerick e-parking app on my phone. But saw poor reviews.
    Does it work properly?
    And is it free parking on weekends?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Works out for me although the app isn't the sharpest I've seen. There was a recent upgrade though that did improve it.

There is free parking in the city on Sundays and you won't be able to pay within the app on Sundays because of this.

It certainly beats buying those parking disks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks John.

And yes those 2 euros discs are too much if you're parking for 30 minutes or so.

Just to let others know if app is unstable on your phone then you can use Limerick e-parking website and pay online via a browser.
    John_Mc wrote: »
    Works out for me although the app isn't the sharpest I've seen. There was a recent upgrade though that did improve it.

There is free parking in the city on Sundays and you won't be able to pay within the app on Sundays because of this.

It certainly beats buying those parking disks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I find it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

How does the warden know if you've paid? Do they actually have to enter the reg on a handheld device (or other) of every car that doesn't have a disc displayed? Obviously sounds like more work for them?

I'm guessing when parkmagic was a thing, at least there was a barcode on your windscreen I'm assuming they scanned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

CGI_3 wrote: »

I'm guessing when parkmagic was a thing, at least there was a barcode on your windscreen I'm assuming they scanned.

Parkmagic is still a thing I use it every week one account for parking and tolls

• Advertisement
Advertisement