If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap 5.1 speaker set to pair with Yamaha RX-V767?

Options
  • 09-07-2017 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,after an amp upgrade (thanks to yourselves giving me an offer I couldn’t refuse) I’ve passed my old Yamaha rxv-767 on to a friend,at present he doesn’t have any speakers at all so was wondering if you could recommend a set that comes with everything he needs? Oh and it also needs to be as cheap as possible as he’s just bought his first house! The room it’s going into isn’t massive so probably something more like bookshelf size speakers and a separate sub if there’s anything that’s compatible with this amp?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

batfin wrote: »
    Hi,after an amp upgrade (thanks to yourselves giving me an offer I couldn’t refuse) I’ve passed my old Yamaha rxv-767 on to a friend,at present he doesn’t have any speakers at all so was wondering if you could recommend a set that comes with everything he needs? Oh and it also needs to be as cheap as possible as he’s just bought his first house! The room it’s going into isn’t massive so probably something more like bookshelf size speakers and a separate sub if there’s anything that’s compatible with this amp?
    Hi batfin,

I would recommend starting with the JBL Cinema 510 as a good cheap starting point. They are smaller satellite speakers with a sub and the package includes all cables for £219. However if you are looking for a good bookshelf package at a reasonable price to match the amp I would look at the Monitor Audio MR series. I could build you a package of 2 x MR1 bookshelf speakers, 1 x MR centre, and MR sub for£481 and can also do a price on cables. This would suit the 767 better and also give a much fuller sound than a satellite system without spending twice the amount.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.