Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry level ITIL Course Dublin

Options
  • 09-07-2017 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Hi there, looking for an Foundation level ITIL course in Dublin or possibly Limerick, looking for any recommendations around a good one??? MTIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Knowledge Academy and Sureskills both run the ITIL foundation course.
    I did the Knowledge Academy onein Dublin, 2 days and then the exam, it covers everything and enough to pay the exam on first try.

I was wanting to get into a company that have implemented a lot of ITIL, so I did the course to boost my chances, in reality, unless you are going into the process end rather than the technical end, it's fairly irrelevant and the company pay for the process based staff to complete the course anyway.
    If you want to take the course to boost your chance of being hired, it's certainly worthwile studying the material, loads avaiable for free online and just put "exam pending" on your CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Senna wrote: »
    Knowledge Academy and Sureskills both run the ITIL foundation course.
    I did the Knowledge Academy onein Dublin, 2 days and then the exam, it covers everything and enough to pay the exam on first try.

I was wanting to get into a company that have implemented a lot of ITIL, so I did the course to boost my chances, in reality, unless you are going into the process end rather than the technical end, it's fairly irrelevant and the company pay for the process based staff to complete the course anyway.
    If you want to take the course to boost your chance of being hired, it's certainly worthwile studying the material, loads avaiable for free online and just put "exam pending" on your CV.

Thanks! Did you find Knowledge academy good, their course seems to be 2 days compared to 3 days for most others?

Quintis wrote: »
    Thanks! Did you find Knowledge academy good, their course seems to be 2 days compared to 3 days for most others?

I found it good, but obviously it's all down to the teacher, ours was a dutch guy flown in just to give the course and he was excellent, but that was his first time working for Knowledge Academy so obviously the teacher must be constantly changing and could be anyone.

Whats your background, do you work in a processed based IT environment. If you do, you will pass the course 100%.
    I had no IT experience but I did a bit of study in the weeks running up to it, I passed without a problem. It's not hard and I would definitely recommend checking out CBT Nuggets videos on the subject.

I found it good, but obviously it's all down to the teacher, ours was a dutch guy flown in just to give the course and he was excellent, but that was his first time working for Knowledge Academy so obviously the teacher must be constantly changing and could be anyone.

Whats your background, do you work in a processed based IT environment. If you do, you will pass the course 100%.
    I had no IT experience but I did a bit of study in the weeks running up to it, I passed without a problem. It's not hard and I would definitely recommend checking out CBT Nuggets videos on the subject.

Cool, thanks for the info, I work in IT already, they want to get people to do ITIL to improve internal processes and to meet training targets, I'll give Knowledge Academy a ring and scope it out more, thanks for your help!

Quintis wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for the info, I work in IT already, they want to get people to do ITIL to improve internal processes and to meet training targets, I'll give Knowledge Academy a ring and scope it out more, thanks for your help!

If there is a few people wanting to do it, Sureskills (and probably knowledge academy too) will come out to do the course in house. Sureskills run it in my work place in Donegal.

• Advertisement

If there is a few people wanting to do it, Sureskills (and probably knowledge academy too) will come out to do the course in house. Sureskills run it in my work place in Donegal.

Cool, that is good to know, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The value employers place on ITIL is inexplicable. Who think Thatcher era UK government procedures are good in any other sector?

Did it in uni. Its spurious useless nonsense but it does seem to be a CV marker somehow.

L1011 wrote: »
    spurious useless nonsense.

That really depend on what the company take from ITIL, our own has implemented the change/release processes and it has brought order to what was previously a very poor process.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Superior processes exist for every element of it. Its 30+ year old cruft from an organisation nobody ever considered to be well run

If it gets you a job, by all means do it. If you are an implementer, please don't!

Advertisement