Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime

• 09-07-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been able to have more than one free trial ? I had a trial month & then cancelled but I wish that I had waited until the Prime sale.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Discodog wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to have more than one free trial ? I had a trial month & then cancelled but I wish that I had waited until the Prime sale.

You can create another account with different email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

nava wrote: »
    You can create another account with different email address.

Would that still work if the CC you're using is still the same - ditto the address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Would that still work if the CC you're using is still the same - ditto the address?

Yes you can use the same address and credit card for both accounts. To avail to next day delivery you need to use Parcel Motel, Parcel Wizard or Address Pal addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭danko82

what is the point to get amazon prime in ireland?

as far as I know there is no free delivery option for here with amazon prime.
    it is free for above 25 pound, but that's for every customers not just for amazon prime customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Amazon Prime (for me) is only useful when there's a sale. And it hugely depends on how good it is for what I want - tomorrow will tell. Free trial and cancel afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭rochestown

I have been looking into this and as far as i think i can establish for Irish customers (please anyone correct me!!)

Access to Amazon Video
    Access to Amazon Cloud unlimited image storage 5GB for everything else
    Access to special Amazon prime discounts from their site
    Access to Amazon Music

Is this correct and is there anything else?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

rochestown wrote: »
    I have been looking into this and as far as i think i can establish for Irish customers (please anyone correct me!!)

Access to Amazon Video
    Access to Amazon Cloud unlimited image storage 5GB for everything else
    Access to special Amazon prime discounts from their site
    Access to Amazon Music

Is this correct and is there anything else?

Kindle lending works too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I logged into my account and got 30 days free trial, £7.99 thereafter but this seems to be the UK offer? Should I have got the Irish offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    I logged into my account and got 30 days free trial, £7.99 thereafter but this seems to be the UK offer? Should I have got the Irish offer?

There is no Irish Prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

danko82 wrote: »
    what is the point to get amazon prime in ireland?
    sometimes items have greatly reduced prices for prime members only. There are a few threads in bargain alerts about amazon prime, which probably have other reasons/benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

So I was thinking of getting prime especially for the Christmas period coming up. However I will be a student in January and I believe students get 6 months free and then a cheaper rate. Could I sign up then cancel in January to get the student 6 month free trial offer and £3.99 from then on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

What do Irish customers get now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Dr. Nick wrote:
    What do Irish customers get now?

Free two day delivery on most prime goods and prime video. They were the big selling points for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Another classic. And the point of prime is ?

33ucsol.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Blacktie. wrote: »
    So I was thinking of getting prime especially for the Christmas period coming up. However I will be a student in January and I believe students get 6 months free and then a cheaper rate. Could I sign up then cancel in January to get the student 6 month free trial offer and £3.99 from then on?

There’s an older thread where we all signed up as students in the uk. :)
    6 months free prime and 5 years at 3.99 a month....sweeet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ED E wrote: »
    There is no Irish Prime.

Incorrect.
    Prime launched in Ireland a few months back.
    2 day free delivery plus usual access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

33ucsol.png

Jeez your in a rush. I can see you down on one knee one hand outstretched over the letterbox and the other beckoning yer moth to come downstairs for a surprise:pac:

Just Kidding btw

Anyway... so I looked up Santa's list last week and thought I'd better get started!
    Then found out that delivery wouldn't be till mid January. So signed up to prime one month free with cheap delivery... stuff arrived 3 days later. I saved a fortune on not using parcel motel too.
    And it all came in one box!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Blazer wrote: »
    Incorrect.
    Prime launched in Ireland a few months back.
    2 day free delivery plus usual access

I think Ed E is referring to the fact that there isn't one for Ireland, as such, its the same as the UK.
    OR
    Amazon Customer Service don't know that it exists for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

33ucsol.png

Totally me rn. Ordered 2-day delivery thru Prime. Supposed to arrive Friday but whadduyouknow An Post did not deliver and it's now stuck there till next week what's the point like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

vpdf9y.png

9% saving & wait months :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Last week I signed up for a 1 week trial of Prime and I ordered a Firestick on Tuesday but it wont be delivered until tomorrow (Monday) and thats using a NI address. So basically 7 days form date of order to delivery and thats for one of Amazons own products.

Went on the live chat to complain but got nowhere apart from the usual "sorry, we will ask the courier to deliver ASAP"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

muffler wrote: »
    Last week I signed up for a 1 week trial of Prime and I ordered a Firestick on Tuesday but it wont be delivered until tomorrow (Monday) and thats using a NI address. So basically 7 days form date of order to delivery and thats for one of Amazons own products.

Went on the live chat to complain but got nowhere apart from the usual "sorry, we will ask the courier to deliver ASAP"

Your doing it wrong? I normally ask them to explain why I pay for Prime but don't get any of the advantages of paying for Prime.

I'd expect to get at least a free month for that sort of slow delivery but maybe on a free trial they treat you differently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

my3cents wrote: »
    Your doing it wrong? I normally ask them to explain why I pay for Prime but don't get any of the advantages of paying for Prime.

I'd expect to get at least a free month for that sort of slow delivery but maybe on a free trial they treat you differently?

Precisely this. Any time I get delayed its on to CS, asking them to explain why I'm paying for Prime and not getting the benefits. Invariably I get a free month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did that guys and even pointed out how it flies in the face of all they are promoting about the advantages of Prime but to no avail. My son also placed an order the same day (non prime member) and he complained about the slowness of his order (same timframe as mine) and he was also given the exact same spiel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

muffler wrote: »
    Did that guys and even pointed out how it flies in the face of all they are promoting about the advantages of Prime but to no avail. My son also placed an order the same day (non prime member) and he complained about the slowness of his order (same timframe as mine) and he was also given the exact same spiel

Just been on to them now for an item that was supposed to be delivered today and when I checked wasn't sent till today.

Didn't get a months free Prime this time but did get a £5 credit to my account :D

Have to say it was a lot more effort than its been in the past. The stupid rep kept saying he'd contact the courier company to get it to me quicker which I had to keep pointing out wasn't going to help when it was Amazon that was late shipping not the courier slow with delivery. Delivery estimate was Tuesday from a late Sunday night order but didn't ship with an An Post tracking number until Tuesday. Had to laugh at the thought of An Post speeding up the deliver just for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Sorry no idea where to put this, looking to get a Laptop for 600 on Amazon UK, would I be hit for customs on this as well?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It will tell you on checkout. Amazon calculate the charges that would be due and include it in your price. Also it needs to be sold and fulfilled by Amazon, not a 3rd party seller.

Advertisement