Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee Machine for small office

• 09-07-2017 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice!
    I work in a small office and we're looking for a decent coffee machine (maybe 6-8 drinkers each day). I've been asked to look around for some options.

Just wondering should we buy one or else lease/rent one where you can get the beans delivered? Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I have one of these that I bought for home. It makes 10 cups (5 mugs) at a pop, great machine.

I've recently brought it into work, and it's working out fine. Lads bring in their own coffee.

I inquired about getting a bigger pour over type one for work, but it would cost €450 + vat for a Bunn pour over one

Apparently there's not much of a rental market, or so I was told. The company offering that were also offering to supply coffee, which would work out at €0.18 a cup of coffee, if all coffee was drank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

infacteh wrote: »
    I have one of these that I bought for home. It makes 10 cups (5 mugs) at a pop, great machine.

I've recently brought it into work, and it's working out fine. Lads bring in their own coffee.

I inquired about getting a bigger pour over type one for work, but it would cost €450 + vat for a Bunn pour over one

Apparently there's not much of a rental market, or so I was told. The company offering that were also offering to supply coffee, which would work out at €0.18 a cup of coffee, if all coffee was drank.

OK thanks for the advice. What company were you referring to that supplies coffee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

I don't like the taste of Nespresso! Also, they're completely environmentally unfriendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

chewed wrote: »
    I don't like the taste of Nespresso! Also, they're completely environmentally unfriendly.

Are they??? How?

I give my used pods back for recycling (I'm assuming they actually do reecycle them). How else is it so bad?

And they have many (many many) different coffees.... surely you could find one to taste, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

chewed wrote: »
    OK thanks for the advice. What company were you referring to that supplies coffee?

Bell Lane coffee, based in Mullingar

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Our company leases one from bewleys, but we have a lot of users every day.

I didn't mean to be so curt! I actually have a nespresso at home, but I got very tired of the coffees and have just stopped buying them. I tried most of the pods they have and yes, they're nice now and again, but not every day. I just went back to a plunger and grind my own beans....so much nicer I think.

MarkR wrote: »
    Our company leases one from bewleys, but we have a lot of users every day.

Yes, I think you'd need to have enough users to justify leasing. In our office, we'd probably only have around 7 coffee drinkers...and even at that some work from home and are not in each day, so it could be around 4 or 5 that would use it each day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

This one seems to get a lot of love on the coffee forums,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Bell Lane started supplying us in work there two weeks ago, really loving their coffee!

I hears ya! When you're running out the door at 6.45am bleary-eyed, the nespresso is perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

That looks like a good option. I actually just found out we have a de longhi machine, but it's not working so need to find out if fixing it would be an option. Although it'll probably work out cheaper to just buy a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

This one seems to get a lot of love on the coffee forums,

These make absolutely amazing coffee. We used one in one of the cafes I worked in for a while and none of us could make a better cup when brewing by hand. Once you get it dialled in its fantastic. You will need a to go with it though.

Our office of 5 people has recently purchased a small Keurig from Hunt Office, office suppliers. It uses K-cups. Similar idea to Nespresso. K-cups are also available with teas & hot chocolate! Not interchangeable with nespresso pods. Fab coffee -Green Mountain, Starbucks plus others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I was given the thumbs up to sort out a coffee machine for our office a year ago and in the end went with this guy. You'd often see it come up in Bargain Alerts - there's a few versions of it that are all pretty much the same thing and at least one always seems to be on offer at any one time.

We've an office of around 30 in total, with maybe 20 coffee drinkers having a few cups a day and it's been flawless. Coffee is as good as you could expect from a bean to cup, and I buy Lavazza Super Crema from Amazon in bulk whenever it's running out. We were using Discount Coffee at 1st, but found the beans were never great. We've had a few hiccups while everyone was getting used to it (coffee beans into the ground coffee shoot being the worst) but haven't had any trouble since. Worth a look for sure.

I descale it whenever the light comes on and soak the main mechanism every month or so in warm water.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

I was thinking of getting something like this but are they hard to maintain?

I'd be in and out of the office, some days or months not even there at all. If there was any kind of effort to maintaining a coffee machine I'm sure it would just be left there for me to do if and when I'm around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

There's some maintainance required alright. Need to run a descaling program when the descale light comes on (around once a month for us) and I steep the main brewing part in warm water every so often just to keep it reasonably clean. Day to day the ground need to be emptied when it's full and the water/beans have to be topped up but there's lights telling you when all of these are needed.

Advertisement