Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght

Options
  • 09-07-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

is Tallaght good place to buy an apartment in it? is it safe also?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tallaght is a very big place. Where exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

City West and Old Bawn lovely areas. And the old village.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NewBuilding

Like the following areas:
    Cushlawn Park
    Abberley Square, High Street,
    Westend Gate, Cookstown Way

• Registered Users Posts: 78,413 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's a lot more mature than it used to be.

Generally, the further east in Tallaght, the nicer the area. However, Citywest would tend to be more middle class than the areas around it.

The apartments around the square are generally newer (10-15 years old) and may lack a sense of community.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I think Dublin 24 now covers non-Tallaght places like Ballycullen and Firhouse as well (which are settled, quiet places to live).

As for Tallaght proper, a lot of it is a settled and nice place to live these days, with 'relative' value pricewise.

The most settled areas are Tallaght Village (Bancroft, Main street etc), Belgard, Old Bawn, Watergate and newer estates like Ellensborough and they'd be realtively more to rent.

The cheapest areas but with relatively more social issues would generally be in West Tallaght with other pockets like Avonbeg, Tymon or Ballycragh.

Citywest isn't Tallaght (although I think it's also now D24), it's borders it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Like the following areas:
    Cushlawn Park
    Abberley Square, High Street,
    Westend Gate, Cookstown Way

Cushlawn is a majority council housed area. Probably wouldn't advise buying there unless you're from there to be honest.

Abberley Square I don't know much about but I know the McDonalds across the way there can get fairly lively some nights.

I rented for a year in Westend Gate and it's safe IMO. Mostly foreign residents but the apartment I lived in was terrible build quality. Lots of noise, mould and moisture damage, Baltic cold in the winter etc...

Also, just to note that Tallaght is South Dublin, not Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NewBuilding

Thanks a million for all of you

Advertisement