Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a business on the side

Options
  • 09-07-2017 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi, I am working full time for the past few years and want to start up a clothing business on the side online. I am ready with my products and shop etc but want to know how do I officially register the business and get bank accounts for the business etc? I am going to stay working full time also but want to do this on the side so how do I go about it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It depends on the revenue. If it's just going to be a little hobby you can just file the additional income via paye online. Have you done any projections on sales at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Designator

Well at the moment Im about to launch an online store and need a bank account to link to the online store for payments made for sales I make. And Id like to register the business and have everything done proper as I plan to grow this business alot over the next few years, I dont want it to remain as a little side hobby

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Register the business name then you shouldn't have any problems getting an account in that name. When I first started AIB were super helpful getting it all set up. In the long run you'll need to register with ros at some point so you can always do that at the start if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Designator wrote: »
    Hi, I am working full time for the past few years and want to start up a clothing business on the side online. I am ready with my products and shop etc but want to know how do I officially register the business and get bank accounts for the business etc? I am going to stay working full time also but want to do this on the side so how do I go about it ?
    You use the search function or if that is too difficul, you go back over the last few pages and all will be explained to you in several earlier threads. :rolleyes:

You use the search function or if that is too difficul, you go back over the last few pages and all will be explained to you in several earlier threads. :rolleyes:

If you dont have a direct answer to my question don't waste your time and my time answering it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

If you dont have a direct answer to my question don't waste your time and my time answering it.

You won't like ''tis forum
    Get an accountant is the answer but you knew that

Tigger wrote: »
    You won't like ''tis forum
    Get an accountant is the answer but you knew that

I've been on this forum for about 10 years, it's here so people can ask questions and talk to people regarding an issue or query they have themselves, not to search for other people's similar issues and read about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

https://www.directcompanyformations.ie/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwy4zLBRCOg6-4h6vs3cUBEiQAN-yzfkqFM2VIfrU2Yjx6UXGN07hQjXMkTF5jmCmS0ljduhwaAlxe8P8HAQ

I have referred a few clients on to this guy he does a good job setting people up. Give him a shout or an email or whatever. Looks after all registrations etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I've been on this forum for about 10 years, it's here so people can ask questions and talk to people regarding an issue or query they have themselves, not to search for other people's similar issues and read about them.

Get an accountant

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

• Advertisement
Advertisement