Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving licence

Options
  • 09-07-2017 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I passed my driving test on Friday and applied for my full licence I was told not to take my L plates down until I received my license then to put up my N plates by the National driver licence service . I took my L plates down and I am driving with N plates ( because I wil more than likely get pulled if I have L plates up ) I am fully insured but while waiting for mu license to arrive will the guards really care ( I have a reciept from the NDLS) OR WILL they consider me a learner and do the whole 2 points for not displaying L plates and another 2 for driving unaccompanied

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You have only passed your test, you do not have a full licence until you receive it, until then you keep your L plate and must not drive without a qualified driver. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭dennyk

Also, you may not be insured; driving unaccompanied without being in possession of a full license will usually void your insurance coverage if you should have an accident. Just be patient and wait a few more days until you receive your licence so that you are fully in compliance with the law.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement