Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of contract - huge price increase due to Eir charging for different bundle

Options
  • 09-07-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

I am coming to the end of my Contract and as such received a letter from Eir stating that my promotional discount was coming to an end, and i would see this on my first bill after 1st of August. The letter also states that the standard price of my bundle has increased by €7.00 since i signed up to this bundle.

Currently my bundle (eir Complete Broadband & Phone - efibre and eir talk off peak mobile) is priced at €45.00 after the promotional discount. As this discount is due to end in August and the bundle is meant to have increased by €7.00, the new price of my bundle should then be €62.00(after direct debit discount of €2.00). However according to the bill i have just viewed on my account, Eir are now charging me €89.00 for this bundle (€87.00 after the direct debit discount has been applied).

I have reviewed the "Summary of Bill Charges" on my bill and viewed part 4.1.10 of the eir Price List (Notification No 28) 2017 and it appears that even though the above bundle is listed on my bill you are in fact now charging me for an upgraded bundle of eir Fibre Extreme 1000Mb/eir talk off peak mobile.

Why are Eir changing customers bundles to more expensive ones when they have not been requested to do so? it seems a pretty sneaky thing to do - i can understand the increase due to the fact that the promotional period for the €10 discount has almost elapsed, and even the €7 increase, but charging them for a different bundle that they don't receive and that actually costs €42 more than their current price is ridiculous!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

chasm wrote: »
    I am coming to the end of my Contract and as such received a letter from Eir stating that my promotional discount was coming to an end, and i would see this on my first bill after 1st of August. The letter also states that the standard price of my bundle has increased by €7.00 since i signed up to this bundle.

Currently my bundle (eir Complete Broadband & Phone - efibre and eir talk off peak mobile) is priced at €45.00 after the promotional discount. As this discount is due to end in August and the bundle is meant to have increased by €7.00, the new price of my bundle should then be €62.00(after direct debit discount of €2.00). However according to the bill i have just viewed on my account, Eir are now charging me €89.00 for this bundle (€87.00 after the direct debit discount has been applied).

I have reviewed the "Summary of Bill Charges" on my bill and viewed part 4.1.10 of the eir Price List (Notification No 28) 2017 and it appears that even though the above bundle is listed on my bill you are in fact now charging me for an upgraded bundle of eir Fibre Extreme 1000Mb/eir talk off peak mobile.

Why are Eir changing customers bundles to more expensive ones when they have not been requested to do so? it seems a pretty sneaky thing to do - i can understand the increase due to the fact that the promotional period for the €10 discount has almost elapsed, and even the €7 increase, but charging them for a different bundle that they don't receive and  that actually costs €42 more than their current price is ridiculous!
    Hi chasm, 

Thanks for getting in touch. The pricing on all packages can change at times. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and I can check this for you. 

Thanks 

Anna 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

eir: Anna wrote: »

Why are Eir changing customers bundles to more expensive ones when they have not been requested to do so? it seems a pretty sneaky thing to do - i can understand the increase due to the fact that the promotional period for the €10 discount has almost elapsed, and even the €7 increase, but charging them for a different bundle that they don't receive and  that actually costs €42 more than their current price is ridiculous!
    Hi chasm, 

Thanks 

Anna 
    Thanks Anna,
    I am aware that the pricing of all packages can change at times, I have no issue with that, the problem is that i am on "eir Complete Broadband & Phone - efibre and eir talk off peak mobile" which going by the letter you sent me regarding the price increase and end date of my monthly discount  and according to your online price list is €64 (€62 after DD discount) , so why are Eir charging me €89, which is actually the price of the  "eir Fibre Extreme 1000Mb/eir talk off peak mobile" bundle? I have not requested any upgrade or change to my bundle and certainly wouldnt choose one that is not available in my area.
    I will send you a PM now

eir: Anna wrote: »

Hi chasm, 

Thanks 

Anna 
    Thanks Anna,
    I am aware that the pricing of all packages can change at times, I have no issue with that, the problem is that i am on "eir Complete Broadband & Phone - efibre and eir talk off peak mobile" which going by the letter you sent me regarding the price increase and end date of my monthly discount  and according to your online price list is €64 (€62 after DD discount) , so why are Eir charging me €89, which is actually the price of the  "eir Fibre Extreme 1000Mb/eir talk off peak mobile" bundle? I have not requested any upgrade or change to my bundle and certainly wouldnt choose one that is not available in my area.
    I will send you a PM now
    Ok no problem. I understand your frustration with this.

I'll come back to your PM shortly. 

Thanks 

Anna 

As my contract expires 2 days before the end of Eir's Billing period, this is the package price (As per my online bill) for the remaining days and for any further bills if i am to remain with Eir.

eir Complete Broadband & Phone @ €89.00 per month
    Your bundle this month is @ €87.00 and your introductory promotion applied
    includes
    eir Fibre unlimited usage with access to eir Sport and BT Sports
    eir Talk Off Peak Mobile Unlimited off-peak calls to Local & National landlines and to Irish mobiles: 89.00

Direct Debit discount -2.00
    Total eir bundle charges 87.00

Nowhere in Eir's pricing is that bundle listed as €89.00, it is €64.00. €89.00 is the package price of Eir Fibre Extreme 1000Mb and Eir Talk Off Peak Mobile. I would appreciate a response on this please.

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/pt4.1.10.pdf

I have received your PM and I am currently looking into this for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

Could i get a response to this today please?

I do apologise for the delayed response.

I am currently looking to this and will respond to your PM shortly.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 12 versc

Hi

I just noticed that I am being charged 6 euro extra than I signed up to in August. I rang customer service and eventually was told that I had been subject to a price increase. I told the representative that I did not receive any notification of this. She told me I had been sent an email, I told her I hadnt. She then went to "doublecheck" and it turns out that the email bounced back to eir. I then was told that I had been sent a letter, which I had not. I went to cancel the service as a price increase 3 months into a 12 month contract is absurd. I was told that it would cost 234 euro to cancel the service. Who can I talk to about this, would it be the consumer protection agency? They have admitted that they failed to notify me in my chosen medium and I cant believe that I was sent a letter as I never received one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

versc wrote: »
    Hi

I just noticed that I am being charged 6 euro extra than I signed up to in August. I rang customer service and eventually was told that I had been subject to a price increase. I told the representative that I did not receive any notification of this. She told me I had been sent an email, I told her I hadnt. She then went to "doublecheck" and it turns out that the email bounced back to eir. I then was told that I had been sent a letter, which I had not. I went to cancel the service as a price increase 3 months into a 12 month contract is absurd. I was told that it would cost 234 euro to cancel the service. Who can I talk to about this, would it be the consumer protection agency? They have admitted that they failed to notify me in my chosen medium and I cant believe that I was sent a letter as I never received one.
    Hi versc, 

I'm sorry to hear that you never received this letter. 

To get this issue looked into you will need to contact our complaints team, all details are here - https://www.eir.ie/complaints/
    They will log a case and investigate this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement