Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Green Mesh?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm not sure you're going to get good privacy from 1.5m of netting.

05.jpg

Are you planning on using conventional open wire mesh (chainlink, weldmesh, sheep wire) behind the netting to support it?

Couldn't you just run some fast-growing climbers up that open mesh to give privacy? You'll end up with something much better looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Thanks, I know 1.5m is not high but the way the garden runs on a slope by the time it gets to area I want to cover it will be over 2.5m high if you get what I mean. Of course is someone comes up close and looks in then I can't stop that but it is more people going past etc that they can't glance in and see everything.....

I am buying the following wire to put behind it... http://www.tornadowire.co.uk/horse-fencing/

Plan is then to run beech hedge at the wire which will grow but take a year or more. I don't want to start putting in other types of trees as part of house already has beech hedge in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm not sure you're going to get good privacy from 1.5m of netting.

Are you planning on using conventional open wire mesh (chainlink, weldmesh, sheep wire) behind the netting to support it?

Couldn't you just run some fast-growing climbers up that open mesh to give privacy? You'll end up with something much better looking.

I meant to ask, is that your own setup? do you know which type of mesh you used>

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    I meant to ask, is that your own setup? do you know which type of mesh you used>
    I have 4ft post and rail with green pvc coated chainlink where we don't need privacy, and 6ft hit and miss where we do. To the front we have a low wall which people can see over, but I don't sunbathe naked out front. :pac:

I've only used that sort of netting around an ice hockey rink, and it was a fragile, tangly nightmare.

Advertisement