Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where best to order Cleaning brushes, jags, etc.

Options
  • 09-07-2017 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Where do you all order your cleaning bushes, jags, etc.?

I have my cleaning rods and just wanted to get some new brushes in different cals.

Anyone in Ireland doing them? Or is it better to get from the UK?

Thanks

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

I ordered a couple of 30 cal brushes and a jag from Duffy's in Galway on their website www.shoot.ie

Arrived in the post in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Try your local firearms dealer.
    For instance I know that are good stocks of jags and brushes in Hilltop in Newtownmountkennedy and McCarthys in Prosperous.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

I got a few Tipton ones from stalkers uk. Ballistech have a pile of them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

'Go home' before you 'go away' - local traders are always the best to start off with.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

Ballistech in Wexford, huge range of kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

amadablam wrote: »
    Folks,

Where do you all order your cleaning bushes, jags, etc.?

I have my cleaning rods and just wanted to get some new brushes in different cals.

Anyone in Ireland doing them? Or is it better to get from the UK?

Thanks

:)

mike duggen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I ordered a crap load from Brownell's recently.

I was ordering something else so said i'd stock up while i was at it. I was doing this based on the fact they used to have a minimum shipping amount, but now it's done away with and they calculate it based on the weight and size of the order. Turns out my total was $20, down from $45. This was for a stock, accessories, patches, and a couple of tools.

You don't know the price of the shipping until the order is processed at which point you have already signed your agreement to pay. Might be along shot, but if you get together with a few others even if the shipping is a little more than you'd like it'll be worth it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement