Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a bank draft

Options
  • 09-07-2017 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Patww79, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

Once the amount you require is above €500 and there are sufficient funds in your account, you can purchase a draft in any Bank of Ireland cash branch over the counter. For opening hours and services available in each branch please see here

We also have a hand tips sheet here on boards.ie as a sticky on our forum with more information on Drafts and Cheques. 

You can lodge a Euro cheque at any Lodgement machine in our branches. For convenience, we also have external lodgement machines here to make banking easier for our customers. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please let us know. 

Thanks, Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Patww79 wrote: »

Thanks Elaine. If I have to go to a counter to get the bank draft, can the person there lodge the cheques for me too? One of them is a BoI one but the other is a PTSB. Thanks.[/quote]
    Hi Patww79, 

This will depend on the specific branch services, however, you can lodge both BOI and non BOI Euro cheques via the machines in branch. An adviser will be on hand to help with this if you need. The clearing time frames are outlined in the link I gave to our sticky and these are the same for over the counter and LATM cheque lodgements. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement