Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not banned "noted" not to post again.

Options
  • 09-07-2017 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

I was posting in after hours LGBTQ + thread. I got noted

Sterlingarcher do not post in this thread again. Reason being a dick.

So not only am I being told I cannot post again I cannot refute these unfounded claims of me being a dick.

I pm'd the mod in question. No reply.

Admittedly I did post again after mod "instructions. I received warning for this.

In that thread and the stuff being thrown around. I'd like to know exactly the reasoning behind me being singled out and noted as "being a dick". Which then resulted in a warning for me for not accepting the mods very loose interpretation of being a dick.

I'll gladly stand by anything I said in that thread.
    gizmo81 wrote: »
    It's not gay people starting thread after thread on After Hours obsessing over LGBTQ+

Gay people on boards.ie get on with our lives till we are attacked for just existing, but to defend ourselves we are ramming our beliefs?

List all the threads after threads in after hours that you dramatically speak of. Where it's we gays are getting attacked.

Attacked? So gay people are now getting attacked on boards.ie for just existing?? Funny I thought the discussion was this need for additional letters on the LGBT.

Are you implying that nobody who isn't gay is allowed discuss LGBTandthensomemore or any related discussions outside your approved forum? Don't answer that. I'm not really interested what a gay person has to say outside of "their" space dedicated forum. That irony there is probably going to be lost on you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sterling Archer, you were warned just today. Please give the mod some time to respond to your PM.

If they do not respond within a day or so, please let us know and we will ask a CMod to look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

dudara wrote: »
    Sterling Archer, you were warned just today. Please give the mod some time to respond to your PM.

If they do not respond within a day or so, please let us know and we will ask a CMod to look into it

Thats fair enough in regular circumstances dudra and I agree is reasonable as mods have their own lives going on.

But the guy/girl called me a dick. I tend less forgiving.I do believe I have valid reason not to want to deal further with them. Let alone hang around only to be sent some predictable spam mail.

But if you insist it will yeild the best results so be it.

Well this wasn't predictable at all.

So this is as transparent as can be. This is my private message conversation with the mod. Clearly I'm still banned.

Date: 09/07/2017 | 23:28
    I thought and still think you were being a dick in the thread and the thread ban stands as far as I'm concerned. I will remove the being a dick bit from my post.

Quote: SterlingArcher
    Would like to know exactly why I was banned.

Now before you give a knee jerk reaction I'm being fair here and telling you to look at the context of what I wrote.

Then the fact I suggested someone facepalm themselves for missing an ironic part of a post that I even mentioned it was ironic. Warranted banning.

But you openly get to call me a dick.

My reply
    To: Conspectus
    Date: 10/07/2017 | 09:53
    Want an example of being a dick? Flame baiting someone as a mod calling them a dick knowing they cannot reply without having to deal with this ****. That my friend is a dick move.

If I was genuinely being a dick I'd have taken my ban. sucked it up. And not been waisting sams and now durdas time time. 2 other mods wasting their time because of your knee jerk reaction.

like I said I Stand by anything I said in that thread. The first poster I responded to was suggesting gays are being attacked on boards.ie and have to defend themselves???? even more ridiculous that straight people are opening threads just to bash gays in after hours ( his examples were news stories here and internationally) like they are not allowed be discussed by straight people??? some kind backwards discrimination in action???

Did you even look at the stuff he was saying????

Look Dudra. I think I was unfairly noted. The dick part was just rude in my opinion. And not because the word. It's more the on a mod action that couldn't be refuted without me getting a warning and now having to jump through these hoops just to get undone if even.

As per the process, I'll ask a CMod to look into this

dudara wrote: »
    As per the process, I'll ask a CMod to look into this

Hey Dudara thanks for your time.

Myself and the mod chatted in more detail. He/she said they did take what I said outta context (long day dealing with crap) we talked it out and apologised to each other.

Have a nice day.

• Advertisement

Delighted to hear that you worked it out. I'll close this DRP now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement