Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear The Walking Dead | Season 3 | Episode 7 & 8 | The Unveiling [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 09-07-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Mid-Season Finale - Double Episode

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 3

Episode 7 - "The Unveiling"
    Episode 8 - "Children of Wrath"

Airdate - July 9th on AMC at 9/8c | July 10th on AMC UK at 2am (and again at 9pm)

An arrival at the Ranch creates a divide; tensions run high as communities clash.

Promo

How did you rate this epsiode? 11 votes

0%
    9%
    Keplar240B 1 vote
    18%
    Yakuzabrianregan09 2 votes
    45%
    bazz26arch_stantonShane St.foozzybear61Agent Coulson 5 votes
    18%
    Howard the DuckAlfred Borden 2 votes
    0%
    9%
    Curlysue76 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good finish to the mid season and shows why this is head and shoulders above TWD there is a progression and I think an all round better story going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Certainly the best season of this so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Really loving this season so far, so much better than TWD. I like how Madisons character has developed from season 1.

It's interesting how there is little discussion on FTWD when it's a vastly superior show imo and not tied to a comic book storyline, in fact I don't know anyone that even watches it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think Madison is horrendous. The damage done to her and most of the characters due to the writing!!. Killing that family just seemed so pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Really enjoying the season. Killing off the annoying kid and Travis has been a good decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I think Madison is horrendous. The damage done to her and most of the characters due to the writing!!. Killing that family just seemed so pointless.
    I wonder what would have happened if she had outed Troy then? perhaps Troy would have tried to say she told them to do it and she would be out on her ear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I wonder what would have happened if she had outed Troy then? perhaps Troy would have tried to say she told them to do it and she would be out on her ear?

To be fair, her whole motive was to stay on the good side of troy to protect her kids. The lengths she allowed herself to go was so over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so they killed the father now what about troy?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm much preferring this than the main show. However for me the Madison character is the major wrong note in it. She's "Doing a Rick" and deliberately doing the oddest things in an illogical self destructive manner. Sure they're pushing the "look how tough she is" line, but actually watching it she doesn't come across as tough, more like playacting at tough and being stupid while doing so. This is the same eejit that switched on the lights in the hotel in the last series. Plus for some reason the people around her don't call her out on her nonsense and her insistence on sticking her beak in on every situation. She's souring the series fast for me anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

I think she's a great character. Her manipulation of Troy was what elevated the season for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The show is popular enough to make it worthwhile making, but not popular enough that they can afford to bleed it dry like they're attempting to do with TWD - and as a result we get better development, pacing, plot, etc and an overall, a much grittier and grounded show to boot in which the stakes actually feel real. It makes a mockery of TWD and rightly so.

On the fence about Madison, feel like she's in danger of becoming the 'Skylar' of FTWD :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Love the version of Stand by Me used at the end of Episode 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Season 3 has saved this show. Thought the first two seasons were muck.I'm not sure if they got new writers but good decision if they did.

Even though I am enjoying this season there is still lots that annoys me. As already pointed out,Madison seems to be going down the same path as Rick only much much faster. I hope she doesn't go much further that way. I think it's unrealistic that these people turn into stone cold killers so fast and think nothing of the people they kill or let be killed.

It was also a bit ridiculous that they could get in and out of the Indian camp so easily. Maybe one but twice? c'mon the stealing of the caravan was just stupid. Also it was pretty obvious what Ofelia was gonna do.

I find the main problem with American tv shows these days is that they forget to make characters likable , and that's the same with this show. It wouldn't bother me if they killed everyone off and had a whole new bunch of characters.Maybe with the exception of Victor , I like Victor.

Overall though it gives me hope and I'm liking it in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have to say I kinda like Madison as a character I think they have made missteps in the writing of the character and I feel what we are seeing now needs to lead to her having a complete nervous breakdown as I think that's what the bravado of the woman is leading too.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

I'm really enjoying the series so far. It's become much more interesting than TWD and I never thought I'd say that, comparing the two shows. I don't find Madison THAT annoying, although I have watched Kim Dickens before, in the series Treme ( great series, btw). Maybe I'm just used to her!! Roll on the second half of the series and fingers crossed that the storylines are as strong as the first half. The point about it having the "feel" of series 2 of TWD is well made.

Advertisement