Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection - Letter to GP

• 09-07-2017 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In my application for MP recently, I (stupidly?) disclosed an investigative MRI I had done a year or two ago for very non-specific symptoms. They went away and the results came back negative.

I'm panicking now that I'm going to be refused cover because of these symptoms which could have been indicative of something more serious.

The Insurance Company sent my GP a letter last week - I think it was some form they had to complete. Is this standard given my scenario?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Glowing wrote: »
    Hi,

In my application for MP recently, I (stupidly?) disclosed an investigative MRI I had done a year or two ago for very non-specific symptoms. They went away and the results came back negative.

I'm panicking now that I'm going to be refused cover because of these symptoms which could have been indicative of something more serious.

The Insurance Company sent my GP a letter last week - I think it was some form they had to complete. Is this standard given my scenario?

Thanks

Pretty standard. Although your MP premium may be increased depending on your GPs notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Glowing wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

That wasn't stupid, relax.
    Withholding information would have been stupid. You want a policy that will actually pay out.
    Letters to GPs are very normal if anything comes up.

Advertisement