Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Carlton K Whinge Binge...dedicated thread **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Going full chat ......... "

(that grinds my gears .....)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anything to do with Tommy V. Carlton just goes off on one. Thank feck Voeckler didn't get in a break today.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anything to do with Tommy V. Carlton just goes off on one. Thank feck Voeckler didn't get in a break today.

"gurning, and licking the imaginary ice cream ..." :confused::pac::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

greenspurs wrote: »
    "gurning, and licking the imaginary ice cream ..." :confused::pac::rolleyes:

Listening to the voice on his shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

"Going full chat ......... "

(that grinds my gears .....)

Isn't that what the Sunday leisure riders do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Carlton came out with a classic today when talking about Betancur's assistance to Quintana on today's stage.

He said 'great to see Betancur back and in decent form aswell...former winner of Paris/Nice but then went off the boil by hitting the puddings during the winter on a regular basis so much so he couldn't really find his form or his waistline but he has both back now..."

He spent most of yesterdays stage talking about Froome !!! ???
    WTF is the attraction ? Is Kirby infatuated with him..

Im going watch it on ITV from now on .... Hes just gone Stalker level in his commentary now..

I get the bias for a British rider on British commentary I'm fine with it no issue there it's the pure nonsense about said british riders he comes out with at times that grates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭griffin100

I've been in the UK for the last two weeks so stuck watching on ITV4. I'd rather Kirby than Millar tbh, it sticks in the craw to hear him pontificating on the 'unwritten rules' re. attacking the yellow jersey given his own morals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

griffin100 wrote: »
    I've been in the UK for the last two weeks so stuck watching on ITV4. I'd rather Kirby than Millar tbh, it sticks in the craw to hear him pontificating on the 'unwritten rules' re. attacking the yellow jersey given his own morals.

Millar is do SKY centric its unbelievable ..oh well

• Advertisement

"Taking a quick toot from his bidon"

What ?!
    He is getting worse, and Quigley and Hatch are improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

"Taking a quick toot from his bidon"

What ?!
    He is getting worse, and Quigley and Hatch are improving.

Engage.
    Disengage.
    Repeat ad nauseum.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Shut up Carlton no one needs a vivid in depth description of Brian Smith's knees

hes actually worse now that he was ever before....

‘Up toward the pointy end’

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Full off coffee, giddy from laughing at his own jokes, furiously mixing metaphors.... No idea what's going on.

"Hiatus in hostilities" .........................

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Dear Jesus. He's talking about the size of his suitcase.

Was hoping they'd have Matt Stevens here, even if he's on with Kirby he'll cut him off if something is happening. The others seem content to let Kirby ramble.

Actually the commentary during the Tour Of Yorkshire on ITV was much better than Eurosport and that was line to flag too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

'Sean Bennett'!

Having 2 teams of commentators has given Carlton and the rest extra vigour in their broadcasting. They're not lacking for energy now at the end of a long stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Carlton any day over that Rob Hatch with his perfect regional pronunciations and talking about the food, the drink and the cloth the gear is made from. Most booooring man on telly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

tigerboon wrote: »
    Carlton any day over that Rob Hatch with his perfect regional pronunciations and talking about the food, the drink and the cloth the gear is made from. Most booooring man on telly

It's quite nice hearing about what's happening in the race though.

Actually the commentary during the Tour Of Yorkshire on ITV was much better than Eurosport and that was line to flag too.

Neds good. If it wasn't for all the ads on itv4 during the tdf could watch em all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

KIrby " Chris Froome is being hounded" , obsessed with Pierre Roger LA Tour and Si Clarke ..he is given to talking rubbish all day long and laughing at it . "Sean he is being bullied Sean" , I'll wager ...count the hornings on the way in ...

I have through dedicated meditation and prescription drugs been able to block him out in the most part(as he would say)

But every now and then I find myself having to bite down heavily on my arm so i dont return to my days of wanting to break my TV ...but I digress (as he would say)...CK as a lead comms...a mystery to all sane cycling fans out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Full off coffee, giddy from laughing at his own jokes, furiously mixing metaphors.... No idea what's going on.

Steady. That could describe most of us on a good day. :D

...And the frequency of ads now on Eurosport , and the length of them !!!
    that's why I record it, and watch it later......
    Skip the ads that tell me to come to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv , for 2 cities 1 break ...... Yeh, right.

I need a quick toot from my bidon of coffee !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Never really got the hate for him until the last few months/year, he really is an awful cycling commentator. The constant Froome/Sky love in, the fact he doesn't know one lad on a bike from another and as said the bad jokes. Much prefer the rest of the Eurosport commentary options. Hopefully he'll shuffle off soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Melodeon

^
    |
    |
    This exactly!

I used to think he was perfectly fine and also didn't get the antipathy towards him.

But, the tag-team commentary of recent full/long Grand Tour stages has opened my eyes :(
    The contrast between CK and the others is very jarring when it's presented as starkly as it is when they're covering the same race.

Also, and Off Topic for this thread, but Jonathan and/or Brian REALLY need to introduce Sean to their tailor for the live-to-camera Giro Extra segments! :D

Melodeon wrote: »
    ^
    |
    |
    This exactly!

I used to think he was perfectly fine and also didn't get the antipathy towards him.

But, the tag-team commentary of recent full/long Grand Tour stages has opened my eyes :(
    The contrast between CK and the others is very jarring when it's presented as starkly as it is when they're covering the same race.

Also, and Off Topic for this thread, but Jonathan and/or Brian REALLY need to introduce Sean to their tailor for the live-to-camera Giro Extra segments! :D

No way !!... he will wear his SK Onda gear no matter what the weather !!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

For sartorial chops, nobody came near Ashley and Juan Antonio. You wouldn't see Brian Smith wearing pink trousers.

• Advertisement

For sartorial chops, nobody came near Ashley and Juan Antonio. You wouldn't see Brian Smith wearing pink trousers.

ashleys cut out the bright trousers, think he was getting a good amount of grief about his dress style. flecha just reminds me of bumblebee man off the simpsons

Advertisement