Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Carlton K Whinge Binge...dedicated thread **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Unwatchable yesterday ....... well, more like unlistenable !!!

I think he had multiple orgasms over Yates , "I'll be Bound" ...... He more or less said he has the Giro won now !! "Climax of hostilities"

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I like rob hatch but ffs does he have to over exaggerate his pronunciation of Ben Hermans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Who was the English lad who commentated for Eurosport around the time Wiggins was winning the tour ? He was better than Kirby

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Who was the English lad who commentated for Eurosport around the time Wiggins was winning the tour ? He was better than Kirby

Mmmmm David Harmon no?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Awkward silence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lumen wrote: »
    Awkward silence.

"Looks like hes disengaged from the conversation there"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Lumen wrote: »
    Awkward silence.

It was a weird story that seemed to have a few references on british forums but i never seen anything in the actual news. Happy for it to be put here if someone can put up a source but otherwise, in case it is not true, it should be left there.

Mmmmm David Harmon no?

Yep Harmon it was

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

CramCycle wrote: »
    It was a weird story that seemed to have a few references on british forums but i never seen anything in the actual news. Happy for it to be put here if someone can put up a source but otherwise, in case it is not true, it should be left there.

suffice to say, if the allegations are true, may we never see his likes again.

What did I miss ??
    About Harmon or about Kirby ?

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    What did I miss ??
    About Harmon or about Kirby ?

google

MOD VOICE: Referring to David Harmon, I cannot find anything except one allegation on a british forum. This could be true or it could be just someone looking to start a rumour. It was a few years now and no news stories have been published. Until such a time as a verifiable source says yay or nay to the alleged accusation, I would ask all posters to leave it there.

David duffield use to talk about loads of diff stuff when the cycling was on

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    David duffield use to talk about loads of diff stuff when the cycling was on

He was excellent. He could tell you all about the wine and food of the region, very entertaining without turning into waffling buffoonery .....

He was excellent. He could tell you all about the wine and food of the region, very entertaining without turning into waffling buffoonery .....

Yeah. He was great. Had an encyclopaedic knowledge of all sorts of things.

So long as you speak Irish, the TG4 lads are great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

So long as you speak Irish, the TG4 lads are great.

The way they nickname people is also hilarious.
    ETA they don't seem to be showing the giro this year. They do the tdf and the vuelta normally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I can't believe he just had the cheek to say, Team Sky, marginal gains after everything that's happened recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Actually they're all beginning to annoy me at this stage

Over-pronouncing peoples in names in some form of native accent - for me its Tommy Vokkler not "tommay vokclaaaire-uh".

Shouting for at least the last 50km - now it could be I've the telly up too loud

Every day is epic, spectacular, the greatest ever, what a stage etc etc - they're starting to sound like Sky Sports about the premiership.

Fanboy approach to Yates, Sky etc (maybe not all of the commentators) - and I confess to a soft spot for all Carlton's other idiosyncrasies

My preference would be Kelly by himself, possibly with a bit of help from Matt Stephens, provided they only spoke when they felt like it rather than all the time.

I'm getting old

Brian Smith had his Sky pills this morning.

• Advertisement

Shouting for at least the last 50km - now it could be I've the telly up too loud

Every day is epic, spectacular, the greatest ever, what a stage etc etc - they're starting to sound like Sky Sports about the premiership.

Yes... Kirbys tendancy to shout at random times, is a bit baffling, and quite annoying....

Even they couldn't pretend the final 'stage' was epic...
    Bennetts sprint was though :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The shouting is an attempt to create drama. And it also masks that he doesn't have a clue what's going on.

At least we won't have to suffer him telling us that if Chris Froome win's the Dauphiné he usually wins the tour this year as Froome's not at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Tag teaming the guys in and out during the stage has given each pairing more energy, even for the boring bits.

I can see Kirby eventually getting the squeeze and they bring someone like Matt Stephens - another ex pro and TV visual friendly guy who can nip and talk with Edwards when the stage is over. Hatch will be the only non pro cyclist on the commentary team.

The BBC have done the same over the years with their athletics, snooker coverage etc.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Tag teaming the guys in and out during the stage has given each pairing more energy, even for the boring bits.

I can see Kirby eventually getting the squeeze and they bring someone like Matt Stephens - another ex pro and TV visual friendly guy who can nip and talk with Edwards when the stage is over. Hatch will be the only non pro cyclist on the commentary team.

The BBC have done the same over the years with their athletics, snooker coverage etc.

I hope they hurry, I cant take much more of him, I'll be bound.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

I hope they hurry, I cant take much more of him, I'll be bound.....

Are there no scenaria where you would listen to him?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

"Chris Froome has written a new page in history. How many more pages can he ride?"

Think about that.

How many more pages can he ride?

How does one ride a page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

"Chris Froome has written a new page in history. How many more pages can he ride?"

Think about that.

How many more pages can he ride?

You'd have to be on drugs to ride a page......

buffalo wrote: »
    Are there no scenaria where you would listen to him?

for an hour maybe ....

"he's opening the taps right now & pouring himself a big one."

• Advertisement

Papercuts! :eek:

Advertisement