Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Carlton K Whinge Binge...dedicated thread **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Lumen wrote: »
    Papercuts! :eek:

*Crosses legs !!! :eek::eek::eek:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Maybe it's just me folks but I think to anyone that follows cycling there's very little to be gained from listening to the commentaries on ES. For me if there's no raw feed on the player, it's volume down, there's nearly enough info with the on screen graphics and maybe supplement with the race website.

Kirby et al just bore/irritate me a lot of the time.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

SHUT UP, CARLTON!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

Raam wrote: »
    SHUT UP, CARLTON!

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM CARLTON! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

He did a great link between “wild boar” and Duran Duran in last years tour,

In fairness it must be difficult to talk live for 4 hours when nothing is happening apart from Sky sitting on the front

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Raam wrote: »
    SHUT UP, CARLTON!
    gallery-1493054915-gettyimages-140659983.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ROOSTER TAILS .............

My god , he is getting worse.... "I'll be bound...>" :eek::mad::confused:

"G"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Please make it stop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I cant listen to him anymore, he is nauseating this year in particular.
    Froome froome froome,Sky,Froome, is all we hear.

Yesterday at the dauphine he was constantly spouting on about team sky, nothing new ofcourse but i really have enough at this stage.
    If it wasnt that it was "G" G fcuking this G fcuking that , id say half the viewers hadnt a clue what he was on about .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

"Whos going to reach out 1st" seems to be a new one

tenor.gif?itemid=7559294

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

I watched today's finish in Dutch. Worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

buffalo wrote: »

I watched with no sound. It was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

buffalo wrote: »

Probably Carlton Kirby putting on a Dutch accent

I turned it off ... couldn't watch the last stage with his constant "G" bullsh1t .......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Lemans 24hrs is on from now till Sunday and Kirby is commentating as he does every year.
    He's actually very good and I don't get why he's such a fool while doing the commentary on the cycling.

Lemans 24hrs is on from now till Sunday and Kirby is commentating as he does every year.
    He's actually very good and I don't get why he's such a fool while doing the commentary on the cycling.

Cos he hasn’t a clue bout cycling. He spoofs his way thru it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That's a very long 24 hours until Sunday.

Will he mention the "G" forces .........

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭tigerboon

He does know his motor sport. I think the first I heard of him was commentating on DTM and ALMs years ago for Motors TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

tigerboon wrote: »
    He does know his motor sport. I think the first I heard of him was commentating on DTM and ALMs years ago for Motors TV.

Speed skating too. He seemed to know his stuff on that during the winter olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Eurosport should have a G jar at the tour. Every time Carlton calls Geraint Thomas G he has to put a fiver in it. Eurosport be having one he'll of a piss up in Paris then

What a rubbish nickname - G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Their is actually a team racing today in the lmp2 class called G-drive racing.

Could it possibly be him 😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Another reason not to renew my Eurosport subscription!?

http://media.eurosport.com/pressR/name/Eurosport_signs_Sir_Bradley_Wiggins_for_exclusive_Tour_de_France_digital_series/id/6989/folder/Press%20Releases/folderId/22/;jsessionid=B333297BA4E7EAF6F31DC52A8EA73960.prem1

Europort obviously have no shame. Did they read the UK's DCMS committee which effectively concluded he doped/cheated to win the Tour? Maybe it's no surprise as they have Virenque and others with a dark past as part of their coverage.

An odd choice though and likely to piss off those already tired of the heavy British/Team sky bias.

The only saving grace is that he may just be restricted to a podcast role with little or no on-air contribution.

On the other hand he may be tempted to rip the piss out of Sky and Froome. I suppose that's probably their thinking in hiring him - he'll be controversial like! Highly unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Kirby is going to be even more insufferable now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Why has he such a man crush for a Kenyan cyclist I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

mloc123 wrote: »
    Why has he such a man crush for a Kenyan cyclist I don't know...

for the same reason Liggett had a man crush on Lance. He knows what side his bread is buttered on. It pays to keep 'well-in' with the sport's biggest 'star'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

1bryan wrote: »
    for the same reason Liggett had a man crush on Lance. He knows what side his bread is buttered on. It pays to keep 'well-in' with the sport's biggest 'star'.

Is it really though, maybe its because social media is inherently biased to put up stories you agree with nowadays but the general vibe I get is that Team Sky are toxic unless they chuck him and a few others at the top.

Advertisement