Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Carlton K Whinge Binge...dedicated thread **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The man himself tweeted this only yesterday, he's quite emboldened on Twitter since his idol's innocence has been declared.

https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1014913883323105281?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Hurrache wrote: »
    The man himself tweeted this only yesterday, he's quite emboldened on Twitter since his idol's innocence has been declared.

https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1014913883323105281?s=19

KIrby is the biggest tool ever...what kind of tweet was that from a professional broadcaster.....
    I know there never was any doubt he was in the Froome camp but that tweet is ridiculous...Trying to blame fans for questioning Froome...has he no idea of the history of the sport and how fans feel constantly suspicious because of previous 'heros'

What happend to impartiality...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The media should not be cheerleaders... right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

MPFGLB wrote: »
    KIrby is the biggest tool ever...what kind of tweet was that from a professional broadcaster.....

Ha, it got better after that..
    https://twitter.com/carltonkirby/status/1014974459214794755?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hurrache wrote: »

Hes a lad that i wish was aiming for his head when he shot himself in the foot

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Phil Liggett used to have similiar gra for one Lance Armstrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Carlton was so busy cheering on Cav in the sprint today that he almost forgot to pay attention to the 5 riders that beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

mloc123 wrote: »
    Carlton was so busy cheering on Cav in the sprint today that he almost forgot to pay attention to the 5 riders that beat him.

9 riders beat him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Eamonnator wrote: »
    9 riders beat him

He let them finish ahead of him as he knows that they need it more than he does. Or something charitable like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I like cav. He's older, more mellowed and seems like a nice guy. I wouldnt mind seeing him take a stage this year if possible.

I pray that quigley is commentating if he does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

retalivity wrote: »
    I like cav. He's older, more mellowed and seems like a nice guy. I wouldnt mind seeing him take a stage this year if possible.

Looking at the overhead of the sprint from yesterday, he swerves badly when Sagan moves to pass him. I don't think he's gotten over the crashes, and it'll have to be a very 'clean' sprint if he's to win one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

retalivity wrote: »

Cav does seem to have mellowed, but he was one grumpy fecker for years. I'd like to see him win a stage though, deserves to go out on a high. Chances of him catching Merckx's record seem remote now

coco0981 wrote: »
    Cav does seem to have mellowed, but he was one grumpy fecker for years. I'd like to see him win a stage though, deserves to go out on a high. Chances of him catching Merckx's record seem remote now

Cant stand him...arrogant and intimidating when at the top...now eating some humble pie and seems normal...but if back wining he will revert back...man child

Cant stand him...arrogant and intimating when at the top...now eating some humble pie and seems normal...but if back wining he will revert back...man child

You'll come around. You used to like Carlton and you've changed your mind on him!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You'll come around. You used to like Carlton and you've changed your mind on him!

I never ever ever liked Carlton !!

I never ever ever liked Carlton !!

Ah now come on. Tell the truth and shame the devil.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He may have mellowed, but he was whining about other cyclists tactics and how they were dangerous to the BBC. The old, you know who they are etc

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Ah now come on. Tell the truth and shame the devil.

The first timei I heard him chuckle away to himself about wild boar or deride some local architecture or obsess about the same rider I knew how I felt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

I wasn't a major cav fan after some of his shenanigans in the Olympics ( maybe 5 years ago ) but agreed he is a nice guy. However Carlton cheerleading him on and encouraging the other presenters to do same is painful. I think Cav is now bemused with the attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Chatter - Kirbys word for the vibrations felt by a rider going over cobbles......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Jesus, with Tommy V not taking part in le tour I thought we would be spared Carltons constant rambling about his gurning. Nope, "Tommy is usually a very handsome man but when he's on a bike...." Gurning .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

What the hell does..
    "He sets a flame under the crucible and digs deep "
    Mean .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

He's not calm, he's calm. Using his legs flamboyantly wtf

He's called the team car up for a bottle.
    He has a bottle in his cage
    Maybe it's an empty bottle to stop people like us questioning his thirst.
    Which we just did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

I don't mind his stupid references like "stand clear of the line there's a train coming through"

I just hate the stupid french pronunciation of all the riders names, even if there not French! It's not just Carlton who does it, it seems to be a Eurosport thing. Give me ITV4 anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Andy Magic wrote: »
    "

Give me ITV4 anyday

:eek: 15mins of ads in the hr highlights, and Millars Sooooooo posh pronunciations.... I'm not sure.
    I do like Ned Boulting though. Maybe if he swapped with Kirby ? :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

"He casts his bottle asunder!"

Aside, Carlton. Aside.

"G" makes a break, Carlton creams his pants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Suffrage is not the same as suffering Carlton.

Advertisement