Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Year on Jobpath Starting Again

Options
  • 10-07-2017 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone. First time posting here on Boards.

I'm looking for some advise. My situation is that I've just moved to a new town and have been requested to attend a Turas Nua introduction meeting (and then presumably attend for a year).

When I first applied to have my claim transferred the social welfare officer informed me that the computer said I had two weeks left on Jobpath (now pasted). This was news to me, but later I remembered I had just started a new Jobbridge internship when they contacted me initially. I responded and told them I couldn't attend because of this and received no further contact.

SO, my issue is simply that I do not want to spend the next year attending these meetings and I am hoping that having my year already "done", even if they never followed up on anything, would stand to that.

Just to cover myself from people who might call me lazy or the like for not wanting to do this:
    I opted to do two Jobbridge internships in the last two years. I now really want to finally pursue my career in the arts and have made some headway with that in recent months. I do not believe Turas Nua would be supportive of this. My understanding of the new "Artist's Dole" dictates that 50% of the person's previous years income must be from artwork to qualify, which does not apply to me (or many other artists on the dole I'm guessing, but that's a separate issue).

Sorry for the length of this and I'll appreciate any advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

You will be expected to apply for any jobs for which you are qualified. Seeking work in a particular field only may well be seen as placing an unreasonable restriction (see link below) on your job search and render you ineligible for a social assistance payment.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Jobseekers-Allowance.aspx#UnreasonableRestrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sigh1212

Balagan wrote: »
    You will be expected to apply for any jobs for which you are qualified. Seeking work in a particular field only may well be seen as placing an unreasonable restriction (see link below) on your job search and render you ineligible for a social assistance payment.

I see. I was thinking that it was no longer seen as unreasonable to pursue a career in fine art, but I understand the point made. Thank you.

Advertisement