Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MoxiePro Blessington July 16th 2017.

Options
  • 10-07-2017 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone a discount code for the above race?
    Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

Just wondering has anyone a discount code for the above race?
    Thanks..
    53DEGREESGO4IT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

it just "go4it" just for anyone else wanting to avail of the 10%

How did you get on The Noble Nudge?

fletch wrote: »
    How did you get on The Noble Nudge?

Yeah did very well under 3 hours 20 finish....
    Nice course with a few surprises in places. The beach run/quick sand in spots drained my tank and the Kayak seemed very very long but really enjoyed it. Trying to get the legs working again for the short uphill to bike transition was like chariots of fire slow motion.
    Caught a few on the cycle but was crest fallen when you eventually got to overtake someone who was just out for a Sunday spin :D
    Great event it has to be said really enjoyed it......the aches and pains are starting to kick in now....

Yeah did very well under 3 hours 20 finish....
    Nice course with a few surprises in places. The beach run/quick sand in spots drained my tank and the Kayak seemed very very long but really enjoyed it. Trying to get the legs working again for the short uphill to bike transition was like chariots of fire slow motion.
    Caught a few on the cycle but was crest fallen when you eventually got to overtake someone who was just out for a Sunday spin :D
    Great event it has to be said really enjoyed it......the aches and pains are starting to kick in now....
    Yeh the beach was a killer after the mountain, and you could see the kayak transition for a long time which made it worse.
    Ha yeh, I hobbled up that "hill" too wondering if I was going to be even able to cycle.
    I got excited a few times thinking I was passing a cyclist too, only to take a quick glance as I passed and noticed they weren't part of the race. Was hoping a club might go past me and I could jump on the back of the group :D
    You finished one place behind me btw ;)
    Really enjoyable race...next time though I would be renting a proper kayak...the fastest kayaker went by me like I was rowing backwards

• Advertisement

fletch wrote: »
    Yeh the beach was a killer after the mountain, and you could see the kayak transition for a long time which made it worse.
    Ha yeh, I hobbled up that "hill" too wondering if I was going to be even able to cycle.
    I got excited a few times thinking I was passing a cyclist too, only to take a quick glance as I passed and noticed they weren't part of the race. Was hoping a club might go past me and I could jump on the back of the group :D
    You finished one place behind me btw ;)
    Really enjoyable race...next time though I would be renting a proper kayak...the fastest kayaker went by me like I was rowing backwards

You mean you didnt wait for me!! :D
    The only place I overtook was on the bike...but i was spent at the end...
    Now let me look at the results
    Well done Fletch

You mean you didnt wait for me!! :D
    The only place I overtook was on the bike...but i was spent at the end...
    Now let me look at the results
    Well done Fletch
    Ha you were hauling me in on the bike....well done btw...super time (I just compared my GFW'16 time to your GFW'17 time and either I had a bad race or you had a good race at Moxie) To compound things, GFW'16 conditions were way worse than GFW'17 from what I hear.

My very own boards stalker! :eek::P:D

I was in a different age bracket to be fair! Damn youngfolks....
    I must look at the stats now

Runnings not my thing now I have busted my knee.. I mostly cycle all year round the canoe is hard to judge really I opted for a 2 man job given the wind etc...

And there was oldish lad in a glass fibre boat overtook me and he was flying but the boat had a lot to do with it and you could tell by his stroke he was a canoer...
    I met a load of lads this year from a club in Cavan (there was a flyer on the car windscreen for a cavan adventure race) but them lads are a serious outfit and never out of the water. I think they have a few European champs in the club. They had an hour on me at Quest Glendalough and took 6 out of the top 10 for that race.

My very own boards stalker! :eek::P:D

I was in a different age bracket to be fair! Damn youngfolks....
    I must look at the stats now

Runnings not my thing now I have busted my knee.. I mostly cycle all year round the canoe is hard to judge really I opted for a 2 man job given the wind etc...

And there was oldish lad in a glass fibre boat overtook me and he was flying but the boat had a lot to do with it and you could tell by his stroke he was a canoer...
    I met a load of lads this year from a club in Cavan (there was a flyer on the car windscreen for a cavan adventure race) but them lads are a serious outfit and never out of the water. I think they have a few European champs in the club. They had an hour on me at Quest Glendalough and took 6 out of the top 10 for that race.
    Ha always sizing up the competition :pac:

Yeh running would be my thing...I was in the top 10 arriving at the kayak and there was nobody to share a 2 man kayak with. The marshals instructed me to hop into the single man kayak. Didn't know whether to wait for the next guy to arrive but looking at the results he was nearly 2 minutes back (and he may have had his own kayak so I might have waited even longer)

Yeh he (Noel) passed me too like I was stopped. If I was doing it again next year, I would be renting a faster kayak (I believe you could for €20). In most adventure races, the kayak is a token gesture at best but for Moxie (with it being 5k, although 4k by my Garmin), it made a big difference.

Only 4 I would have said easy 6km!

Must look out for the photos...I was possibly even chatting to you.

• Advertisement

Just looked at the times for Noel....savage difference in that fibreglass boat nearly 9 minutes! Buala bus.

Oh and I had a terrible GFW digestion problems all the way round...
    Thankfully Moxie went well as I was considering giving the long distance stuff for a while..

Advertisement