Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Scotland - release of deeds

Options
  • 10-07-2017 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I took out my mortgage with bank of Scotland Ireland before they left Ireland. My house is now sale agreed and I'm finding it very difficult to get them to release deeds. They initially stated it could take several weeks for them to be released but now they are advising that there is a freeze on the release of all deeds which seems completely wrong to me. I'm afraid that by the time they resolve this my Buyer will have pulled out. Has anyone faced the same issues recently and if so how long it took for you to get deeds and was there anything you did to out pressure on them (I have made several calls to Pepper but they don't seem to be able to do much). Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I found contact from my solicitor got deeds released quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pam Doyle

deegirl36 wrote: »
    I took out my mortgage with bank of Scotland Ireland before they left Ireland. My house is now sale agreed and I'm finding it very difficult to get them to release deeds. They initially stated it could take several weeks for them to be released but now they are advising that there is a freeze on the release of all deeds which seems completely wrong to me. I'm afraid that by the time they resolve this my Buyer will have pulled out. Has anyone faced the same issues recently and if so how long it took for you to get deeds and was there anything you did to out pressure on them (I have made several calls to Pepper but they don't seem to be able to do much). Thanks

Hi there. We are buying a property and the vendors have their mortgage with Bank of Scotland - their solicitor has been trying for nearly 2 months now to get the Title Deeds, still no idea of when they will be released. Have you heard anything since your last post? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pam Doyle

I found contact from my solicitor got deeds released quickly.

Hi there.

Were your Deeds with Bank of Scotland? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deegirl36

Pam Doyle wrote: »
    Hi there. We are buying a property and the vendors have their mortgage with Bank of Scotland - their solicitor has been trying for nearly 2 months now to get the Title Deeds, still no idea of when they will be released. Have you heard anything since your last post? Thanks

Hi. I actually got my deeds yesterday so it total it took about 6-7 weeks. I just kept ringing Pepper everyday and my Solicitor put alot of pressure on their office in Leeds. They just seem to be awfully slow in releasing them. There also didn't seem to be any 'freeze' on releasing deeds. Think it was just an excuse to buy them more time. Your seller just needs to keep applying pressure. Hope it gets sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Check this out. Their paperwork is in a right mess. [url]Http://boards.ie/thread/2057656015[/url]

Keep at them. Had a similar situation. Had to call them every second day. Solicitors letters too. Mention if they delay sale you will look for damages.

Advertisement