Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Messages

Options
  • 10-07-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Mt gf's phone got water damaged and completely written off. What's upset her is that she no longer has our text that we've sent over the last few months.
    All of the text are still on my phone and I am wondering is there an easy way to send them to her new phone, rather than resend them all or screenshot them all to her.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Were they backup up to iCloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kak94

I don't think so, I haven't met up with her since so id have to check myself because she's kinda clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.
    I was kind of hoping there would be some magic solution to send them all to her in one go haha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Kak94 wrote: »
    I don't think so, I haven't met up with her since so id have to check myself because she's kinda clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.
    I was kind of hoping there would be some magic solution to send them all to her in one go haha

There is a magic solution. It's icloud backup.

Makes sure she switches it on on her new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

There used to apps for Macs to open and extract local backups. Saying that, she would need to have backed her phone up to a computer.

Advertisement