Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2017

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

The issue there is the "-1 50+". The scoring mechanic on NFL lets you input a value for each type of score. Typically for PAT, it works like this:

(Result) * (PAT Made)

So if your league awards 1 point for every PAT made, and your result is 6 (i.e. he made 6 PATs), then the formua is:

(6) * (1) = 6

That's how you get your result of 6. On the Boards leagues, we don't penalize missed FGs regardless of range/distance. So our Missed FG 50+ scoring should have been 0 - as follows:

(Result) * (Missed FG 50+)

And substituting in values:

(1) * (0) = 0

But it looks like NFL.com scoring messed up. They've put in -1 as the result for a successful 50+ Yard FG, which we give 5 points for.

(Result) * (FG Made 50+)
    (-1) * (5) = -5

So it's taking 6 (from your PAT Made results) and -5 (from your FG Made 50+ results) and getting a net of 1.

TL;DR - it's a scoring error they will likely update today.

Much better explanation than mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

Bradfords out again.. Do I bench S. Diggs (playing decent looking secondary with TB) for D.Jackson against MIN or the wildcard R.Higgins against IND..

Diggs/Offense was very poor against PIT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,379 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Garco wrote:
    Bradfords out again.. Do I bench S. Diggs (playing decent looking secondary with TB) for D.Jackson against MIN or the wildcard R.Higgins against IND..

As a Bucs fan Diggs will get catches against our secondary, but will struggle to get TD's I'd say.

Jackson was running deep a lot against the Bears hut that is Winston's biggest weakness. He struggles to hit the reciever deep in stride. Rhodes will be trying to shut down Mike Evans which will free up Jackson a little bit.

With an unfamiliar QB throwing to Diggs, I'd go with Jackson.

Sound ill go with Jackson.. Bryant did well on deep balls against MIN with Rhodes tied up with Brown last week..

My recievers have been poor hard to pick up a legit points getter

Garco wrote:
    Sound ill go with Jackson.. Bryant did well on deep balls against MIN with Rhodes tied up with Brown last week..

Uh... My bad. Bucs D is decimated with injuries to be fair. Apologies though :/

• Advertisement

I usually leave 30 points on the bench so half way there now with Diggs!

Garco wrote:
    I usually leave 30 points on the bench so half way there now with Diggs!

That'll make it close to 30 now. Tampa pathetic. Infuriating.

29 for Diggs.. 11 for texans D.. new bench record for me!!!

Garco wrote:
    29 for Diggs.. 11 for texans D.. new bench record for me!!!

At least Desean just got one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

In a different league had Stafford and Tate, needless to say I went through a rollercoaster of emotion of thinking I had landed some much needed to points to being thrown straight back down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 P Sheriff Manning 18

Have a question about promotion/relegation.

Obviously the semi finalists go up to the next divison but when it comes to relegation, is that decided by the consolation bracket? If you are one of the 4 lowest seeded teams in your league can’t you potentially go on a run and win your consolation bracket to stay in your current division or will you be relegated because of your poor regular season performance.

This doesn’t affect me at all this year, first time in boards and need the 1 play off win to get promoted but I wondered how the other end works

• Registered Users Posts: 36 P Sheriff Manning 18

Have a question about promotion/relegation.

Obviously the semi finalists go up to the next divison but when it comes to relegation, is that decided by the consolation bracket? If you are one of the 4 lowest seeded teams in your league can’t you potentially go on a run and win your consolation bracket to stay in your current division or will you be relegated because of your poor regular season performance.

This doesn’t affect me at all this year, first time in boards and need the 1 play off win to get promoted but I wondered how the other end works

I should mention my division 7 league may just be confusing as we only had 12 players. Would it go to seeds 11 and 12 from regular season being demoted and 4 from division 8 come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

consolation bracket is only for teams that finish 5th - 8th is it not?

so places 9 - 16 are decided by playoff time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

jester1980 wrote: »
    consolation bracket is only for teams that finish 5th - 8th is it not?

so places 9 - 16 are decided by playoff time

In ours (division 7) there are a total of 12 teams.

Top 6 into playoffs and all bottom 6 into consolation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Relegation is based on the bottom 4 teams at the end of the regular season.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Hi,

I'm looking for whatever mod that eagle eye reported me as supposedly "inactive" in division 1.

There's a problem with nfl.com that if you log in from multiple IP addresses that it doesn't count your log in properly. I've been active every single week, never had a player inactive or on a bye in my starting lineup.

I got a first round bye ranked #2 in the regular season, how is that inactive??

I've now been threatened with being kicked, and when I questioned this have been told there is nothing he can do. And I can finish out the season "if I like". Apparently I missed the deadline he set, I'm not a regular on boards I only come on here for fantasy. If he paid attention he would have seen within that "deadline" that I was on editing my lineup, clearly active.

I'm in 5 separate leagues I'm sure there is plenty of other players I play with that can vouch for the fact I've been fully active in every league. All it takes is a look at my starting teams every week to realise I've been active all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You have been inactive for longer than three weeks. It even took you seven days to respond to my private message that I sent you here. If you were so active then surely you'd have got that message a lot sooner.

On top of that you have some cheek making threats by pm. If you had a bit of manners you might get somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭niall1811

Every single week there has not been one inactive player in my starting lineup. If that's not active I dunno what is. Look up the issue around the nfl.com site logging activity.

My only threat was to post this publicly to contact the mod I was reported to so I could resolve the situation. If I had gotten the name privately I would have happily had this conversation with them directly.

I'm not childish enough to continue a debate on a public forum, I've made my point and will wait for the mod to contact me by PM.

I understand the rules, I've been an active boards player for years. And I get it, you went by the log in info you were looking at, but a quick check on my starting rosters would have disproved it.

And no, I'm not on boards every week like I said in my first post I'm only on here for fantasy I don't check in regularly, not when I can keep up with the league by going into the nfl fantasy app on the home screen of my phone.

I do not wish to challenge someone publicly, and will gladly delete my posts once the mod I'd like to speak too is on so I can clear this up and get back to focusing on my fantasy playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

eagle eye wrote: »
    You have been inactive for longer than three weeks. It even took you seven days to respond to my private message that I sent you here. If you were so active then surely you'd have got that message a lot sooner.

On top of that you have some cheek making threats by pm. If you had a bit of manners you might get somewhere.

To be fair firstly you are not judge jury and executioner.

Secondly was the team full of active players every week?

You are bending the rule to suit your own agenda EE. The rule was for clearly guys that disappeared and left the team in ruins. I have seen Niall1811 team and he hasn't left it in ruins and was kept up to date. Solely depending on the last log in date is your first mistake in all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    To be fair firstly you are not judge jury and executioner.

Secondly was the team full of active players every week?

You are bending the rule to suit your own agenda EE. The rule was for clearly guys that disappeared and left the team in ruins. I have seen Niall1811 team and he hasn't left it in ruins and was kept up to date. Solely depending on the last log in date is your first mistake in all of this.
    I don't have any agenda. He was inactive for more than three weeks. He didn't contact anybody.

I waited longer than three weeks before I contacted anybody about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't have any agenda. He was inactive for more than three weeks. He didn't contact anybody.

I waited longer than three weeks before I contacted anybody about it.

I know him and he was not inactive for more than 3 weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Enough on this topic, I'll look into this tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Just to add, stuff that's not on boards is not something we can deal with or expects mods here to adjudicate on.

Thanks.

Advertisement