Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona Hotel Recommendations!

Options
  • 10-07-2017 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

I'm looking for hotel recommendations for two in Barcelona.
    We'd love somewhere with a reasonably sized pool and close to the beach, but are willing to stay further from the beach as long as the hotel is near to public transport. Also willing to stay somewhere further up or down the coast eg Badalona if anyone has discovered any gems further out. Ideally would like somewhere that you could spend lounging around for a few hours a day at pool, bar etc that's more than just a bed at night.

Naturally, the less expensive the better, but I'd love to hear your feelings on anywhere you've stayed in Barcelona! Our stay is in September.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hi all

I'm looking for hotel recommendations for two in Barcelona.
    We'd love somewhere with a reasonably sized pool and close to the beach, but are willing to stay further from the beach as long as the hotel is near to public transport. Also willing to stay somewhere further up or down the coast eg Badalona if anyone has discovered any gems further out. Ideally would like somewhere that you could spend lounging around for a few hours a day at pool, bar etc that's more than just a bed at night.

Naturally, the less expensive the better, but I'd love to hear your feelings on anywhere you've stayed in Barcelona! Our stay is in September.

Thanks!

We spent 3 nights at the Novotel Cornella de Llobregat, its a little bit outside of the city, but there is public transport fairly nearby. Its a lovely hotel and has a pool with a lifeguard and enclosed garden also. just FYI, the mytaxi app works in barcelona, and to go from that hotel to Placa Catalunya (essentially city centre) cost €16, not too out of the way at all.

The reason we picked it, was because Its literally a 10 minute drive out to the airport and we had an early fight to catch. It cost us €100 a night (no breakfast) but that was on a deal, In september, you'll probably do better than that.

The food there was pretty good as well, its a laid back kind of atmosphere, with the vibe of a fancy burger bar, as well as more traditional dining.

I'd go back in a heartbeat, and the wife and 2 kids also loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laurenannax

thanks for the info! sounds lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Jazz hotel Barcelona (obv!)

Convenient to everything, rooftop deck and pool with fabulous views over the city.

Great value too, a weekend early September is only around 200 quid for three nights Fri-Sun. See here, room only but what the heck!

https://reservations.hoteljazz.com/6873?datein=9%2F1%2F2017&Length=3&rooms=1&adults=2&languageid=1#/accommodation/room

http://www.hoteljazz.com/en/

Advertisement