Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp car insurance

Options
  • 10-07-2017 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I've to pick up new car today. Old car is out of insurance. Does anyone one know where I can get temporary insurance to drive old car to dealership. Rang a couple of insurance companies, they say they don't provide this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You can't, temporary insurance doesn't exist in Ireland.

You'd have to buy a new policy and then cancel it to refund most of the remainder of the policy.

Best option is to get someone else with third party extension cover to drive it for you, providing their policy allows them to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't think you can get temp insurance in ireland, i could be wrong but I have never heard of it.

Maybe get someone thats insured to drive the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You'd have to buy a new policy and then cancel it to refund most of the remainder of the policy.

Or like anyone who changes car, get a temporary change on the policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

Ask at the dealership if they can pick it up, if it's a trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Or like anyone who changes car, get a temporary change on the policy.

How can he when he doesn't have a policy in the first place?

• Advertisement
Advertisement