Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for a refund to come back into your bank account from Spain

Options
  • 10-07-2017 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I got a refund from a Spanish hotel on Thursday (6/07/17) and it is still not showing in my bank account. I have searched online for how long it takes and it says a business day but it has still not gone through. Any help ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon beccasimons, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

The time frame for a refund will depend on how the hotel has processed this transaction and it would be best to check it with them directly. If they put through a pre-authorization (put a hold on the amount) on your card then this can take between 3 to 5 working days to resolve. Once this happens the transaction will simply disappear from your account. 

However, if they fully processed this transaction then it can take up to 10 working days for a refund. This time frame is dependent on the hotels refund time frame. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement