Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly Qualified Young Driver - Named Driver

Options
  • 10-07-2017 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

My young lad just passed his test and I want to include him as a named driver on my policy. I got a quote of circa €1800 from my insurance company to add him to my existing policy. Is this a typical quote?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

18?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 greyhill

18 in September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

greyhill wrote: »
    My young lad just passed his test and I want to include him as a named driver on my policy. I got a quote of circa €1800 from my insurance company to add him to my existing policy. Is this a typical quote?

How old is he? I added my newly qualified 24 year old daughter for a little over €400. The age loading goes when they reach 25 they told me.

Be sure to shop around for the best price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 greyhill

I plan to shop around but I'd like to have some reference before I start. I have no idea if the quote that I got is typical or off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

18 in September
    I got a quote of circa €1800 from my insurance company to add him to my existing policy. Is this a typical quote?

Thats probably cheap. I would have guesstimated 2500 would be around the median. You probably have a low weighted car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement