Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now TV question

• 10-07-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭

Im a virgin media customer and we dont have Sky Atlantic

If i sign up for Now Tv would i able too see the premiere next Monday moring at 2am or will it be uploaded later in the day ??? Does Now TV have a live stream of Sky Atlantic ???

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea Now TV has Sky Atlantic as a live channel.

They have a 14 day free trial of the entertainment pack if you want to check it out for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I was hoping the same.

I was just on their live chat and they confirmed you can watch game of thrones at 2am tomorrow!

Does anyone of there'd be loads of ads though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

my backup in Modbro working atm (touch wood) and i wont need to sign up for Now TV

the episode will be widly available come 2morrow morning anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

BigAl81 wrote: »
    I was hoping the same.

I was just on their live chat and they confirmed you can watch game of thrones at 2am tomorrow!

Does anyone of there'd be loads of ads though?

If it's anything like last year then Sky Atlantic will have plenty of ads.

lertsnim wrote: »

All Sky programmes have an irraiting amount of ads. I'm almost driven demented with the amount of ads they show when the wrestling is on sky sports live and there all the same ads (that bloody sky sports golf ad, the eir one etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mobdro may not have a working link so find a back up or five, five back ups if you miss this you'll be sorry it's gonna be epic. Hbo East is up at the moment but no sky Atlantic again all anecdotal not a discussion on where or how to watch this tonight. ;)

Mobdro may not have a working link so find a back up or five, five back ups if you miss this you'll be sorry it's gonna be epic. Hbo East is up at the moment but no sky Atlantic again all anecdotal not a discussion on where or how to watch this tonight. ;)

Found another app and it's working atm hopefully it will stay active

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Would I be right in saying Season 7 will not be in the box sets section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No would be my guess as it's an on going season only starting tonight they might add it in September when it's finished.

No would be my guess as it's an on going season only starting tonight they might add it in September when it's finished.

I'm wrong.

https://nowtv-international.secure.force.com/ie/article/watching-game-of-thrones-on-now-tv

I'm signing up this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

lertsnim wrote: »

the 2am showing isn't too bad, only 2 ad breaks. It's the 9pm one that is full of them.

Couldn't imagine watching GoT with that many ads!

i was using the UKtvnow app and it stopped for a few seconds every 20 mins approx but it was very watchable (Android TV with Eternet Cable plugged in)

how did the Now TV stream go ???

Just watched the first episode there.

Quality was OK, picture quality certainly struggled at times when it was dark and/or snowing but it was definitely watchable.

Thanks to the free trial and Just Eat giving 1 month passes with orders, I have 6 weeks of free NowTV, that'll do.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Now TV is an official Sky stream, so long as your internet is half decent it should be flawless.

I have used it lots of times to watch live sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Liberal_irony

Anyone having trouble playing the episode on a smart tv? Will play any other episodes fine but wont play season 7

awec wrote: »
    Now TV is an official Sky stream, so long as your internet is half decent it should be flawless.

I have used it lots of times to watch live sport.

I'm sure it is an official Sky stream but the picture quality isn't as good as Netflix for example.

It will look very good on a phone or a smaller TV.

Anyone having trouble playing the episode on a smart tv? Will play any other episodes fine but wont play season 7

Didn't try on a Smart TV myself, just downloaded the NowTV player on my laptop and watched via HDMI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Is there no Chromecast support via the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

leggo wrote: »
    Is there no Chromecast support via the app?

No there is not,which sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I found this to be an awful service. The reviews of the app are generally all awful too, with a rating of 1.4 on the play store. No chromecast support, which for an app that's acts as an alternative to television, is mind-boggling. Website was just as bad if not worse.

And fyi, I live in an urban area with high speed internet and am using a high end device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Signed up for the free trial of the entertainment services with the idea of watching GoT. Nipped that idea in the bud before Sunday's show even started. I thought I could at least watch it on the desktop through Chrome and then Chromecast that, but with the Now TV Player they've even made that impossible! It's like it's being deliberately awkward and then asking me for money at the end of it!

Shame, as it could be a really good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I posted this question in another thread, but didn't get any replies, so hopefully someone here can chime in;

I'm also on the two week trial. Went to watch some Silicon Valley and Veep, but both shoes are missing episodes from season 1. Veep is actually missing the first episode, with the remaining episodes of season 1 intact. Silicon Valley season 1 is missing episodes 2 and 8. Any ideas as to what's going on? I emailed NowTV support last week, but no response as of yet. All of which doesn't exactly entice ya to continue using the service at the end of the trial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Cancelled just there. When they cancelled they offered me 1 month at €12, if anyone is looking for an easy way to save €3. Needless to say I wouldn't use it if it was free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

It's a scam compared to the UK service (which launched over five years ago):

* Overpriced, up to more than twice the price (€65 for the six month entertainment pass, vs. €32 for it in the UK).
    * No Chromecast, PS4 or Xbone support, which it does in the UK
    * Shows, episodes and channels missing in Ireland, that are there in the UK
    * The Now TV box (oh yeah, that's what people want, another thing on your TV just to appease Sky) comes with no free months like the UK

And this is besides the problems it has in both countries, like a 720p max resolution (and even then inferior to Netflix 720p.....lower bitrate?), no subtitles, stupid flimsy buggy windows program instead of browser support, poor user interface.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jodome

Occono wrote: »
    * The Now TV box (oh yeah, that's what people want, another thing on your TV just to appease Sky) comes with no free months like the UK

The box I bought in Curry's had a 2 month entertainment pass included. Box cost 40 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

jodome wrote: »
    The box I bought in Curry's had a 2 month entertainment pass included. Box cost 40 euro.

Must have changed tack then, it didn't when they first revealed the Irish box.

Advertisement