Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drowes/Lough Melvin

Options
  • 10-07-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Heading up this way soon, would like to fish for salmon on the Drowes but it is too expensive.

Is the Drowes any good for brown trout?

Also can trout be caught from shore in Melvin?

I'll be fly fishing only.

Also does anyone know anything about the Bradoge river for fishing? Can't find much online about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

You have to pay for the drowes if you fishing for trout or salmon.. not sure about fishing on the shore though..
    decent river for salmon when there's water in it but hasn't got any decent floods lately like everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bigjohn17

You have to pay for the drowes if you fishing for trout or salmon.. not sure about fishing on the shore though..
    decent river for salmon when there's water in it but hasn't got any decent floods lately like everywhere.

I was under the impression that to fish the Drowes, you have to buy a permit. Then you have to buy a salmon license on top of that if you want to fish for salmon. Or is a salmon license included in the Drowes permit?

Is the Bradoge really a decent salmon river? It's tiny! Many trout in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

bigjohn17 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that to fish the Drowes, you have to buy a permit. Then you have to buy a salmon license on top of that if you want to fish for salmon. Or is a salmon license included in the Drowes permit?

Is the Bradoge really a decent salmon river? It's tiny! Many trout in it?

Yes thats right you have to buy the state salmon license, Never herd of the bradoge but if it goes into the sea theirs a chance as long as their is water !

Advertisement