Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Mid Terrace Extension - South Dublin

Options
  • 10-07-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. You all have great advice and helpful tips, so I was wondering if you could help me with the following:

Myself and my OH are currently in the process of buying a mid terraced ex Corpo house in Dun Laoighaire area (moving soon). Its got a massive back garden (40m long!!) but no rear access.

House needs some refurb, but nothing we cant handle ourselves or with a handyman.

However, we would like to build a decent size single storey Kitchen/Dining room extension at the rear, maybe 35-40 sqm.
    We'd like to move the kitchen to the rear extension and add a bathroom. However, the water and waste are currently at the front of the house (as is the current kitchen and upstairs bathroom).
    We would like an extension with a Apex roof (extension is south facing) with a few velux type windows and a large patio door. Finish would be mid range (nothing crazy) and using off the shelf kitchen and a wood burning stove. Standard construction (cavity), rendered exterior. Foundations will need to be dug by hand.

I am thinking 90-120k. Am I crazy, or am I missing something?

Help is much appreciated!!

Advertisement