Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs/Replacement

Options
  • 10-07-2017 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I just wanted to get your opinion, we have been renting a furnished apartment for 1.5 years now. It came with faux leather 3 seater recliner and two recliner arm chairs. When we moved in the leather was a bit worn and there were marks where shoes had scuffed the seats. since we have moved in the leather has now started to flake off on the arm rests and where your head rubs against it. The mechanisms for the recliners are also very stiff and difficult to fold back down once released. 
    My query is my parents are moving and have offered us their old suite of furniture. The property team have stated if we take them we would have to get the old furniture removed ourselves and replace or leave the new suite when we eventually move out. 
    As the furniture is quite worn and was old to begin with, should they be removing or repairing them for us or does it make sense that we would pay to get them removed and also have to replace them when we eventually leave? Thanks

Advertisement