Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

km79 wrote: »
    Our "friend " casscass popped into Roscommon thread to wish them luck whilst at the same time abusing mayo folk
    He was not met with the response he was fishing for ;)

I think the young people call it "epic fail"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

I got the head taking off me for calling the rossies sheep shaggers I mean stealers but sure ya no what it's not worth it.
    Have a friend looking for a ticket where is the best place I can send him in the big smoke to pick one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭casscass4444

There was lads on here during the week saying they would be surprised if the Roscommon bus could find croke park.
    If I was a Mayo supporter I'd be more concerned about the amount of times the Mayo bus came home from croke park having won nothing.but yeah Mayo are a top 3 team as ye say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

naughto wrote: »
    I got the head taking off me for calling the rossies sheep shaggers I mean stealers but sure ya no what it's not worth it.
    Have a friend looking for a ticket where is the best place I can send him in the big smoke to pick one tomorrow

There are tickets on sale now in the front rows of 304 and 305. Must be heading for a near sell out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

mayo.mick wrote: »
    There are tickets on sale now in the front rows of 304 and 305. Must be heading for a near sell out?

They will get very wet !

There was lads on here during the week saying they would be surprised if the Roscommon bus could find croke park.
    If I was a Mayo supporter I'd be more concerned about the amount of times the Mayo bus came home from croke park having won nothing.but yeah Mayo are a top 3 team as ye say.

Keep here going casssss yop is warming the ban hammer as we speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Judging by the lack of knowledge you displayed on the Roscommon thread and again just now I'd say you have enough of your own trouble finding stuff without coming on here imparting your brand of expertise.

I doubt it mick Kerry will bring Fock all will the rossies bring 15 k or selves the same or more and Galway 10/ 12

I doubt it mick Kerry will bring Fock all will the rossies bring 15 k or selves the same or more and Galway 10/ 12

Are they even opening the hill?
    Not seen anyone mention terrace tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Terrace tickets are on sale on tickets.ie at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Did anyone notice if the front rows were occupier for the games this evening?

Doubt tomorrow will be anywhere near a sell out but there could be 50-55000.

I've a section 311 ticket for sale. Have it on pdf so can email. Send me a mail if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

There is a paid car park in Maynooth on Leinster Street close to The Roost and Garda Station.Just a short walk to the train station across the canal bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

vid36 wrote: »
    There is a paid car park in Maynooth on Leinster Street close to The Roost and Garda Station.Just a short walk to the train station across the canal bridge.

Always use that but it is an absolute nightmare to get out of. There is no defined spaces so it's a free for all getting out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Terrace tickets on sale earlier. Must have only opened it? Did the clubs get any hill tickets I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Hill has been opened for a few days at least.
    I'm in Lower Hogan, Row D tomorrow so pray that it doesn't rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Terrace tickets on sale earlier. Must have only opened it? Did the clubs get any hill tickets I wonder?

Terrace has been in sale all week @€;25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Call me Al wrote: »
    Terrace has been in sale all week @€;25.
    Yeah saw that. I am happy enough with 706. That way if it rains won't get pissed on and in row d so should be a grand seat. Will be my first time so high. I was in the premium box once but that doesn't count :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Great night here in the capital in the Sands Portmarnock getting dogs abuse from the Dublin cousins!:D

seligehgit wrote: »
    Great night here in the capital in the Sands Portmarnock getting dogs abuse from the Dublin cousins!:D

Make sure to give plenty back haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

cocoman wrote: »

That would be my prediction too. It'll get past the 50k mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

That would be my prediction too. It'll get past the 50k mark.

Yea think so too. There will be oodles of Galway Roscommon and Mayo... but feck all kerry.

Looks like heavy rain on the way so going to wear all the gear going in and have a handy fold up bag for it if needed and a carry bag for the sandwiches etc.

Never really cared about getting wet. Used to sit on the concrete benches in mchale for years taking no notice of the rain. Properly kitted up and a newspaper and all was well.

It was gas in Limerick last weekend, a young security person asked a lady to open her hand bag and it was deffo under A4 size. What did he think she had in it? I think her knife was under her blouse along with the bomb vest which he didn't check ffs.

At least the lad in ennis was embarrassed to ask me to open my bag, looking like a serious fanatic in my mayo get-up and the kids with me.

Oldtree wrote: »
    At least the lad in ennis was embarrassed to ask me to open my bag, looking like a serious fanatic in my mayo get-up and the kids with me.

'Looking like' you know you are one. This bag craic is stupid. Not too bad for young lads off to.see the game but what about families? Especially on wet days, rain gear a few dozen sandwiches, and various other paraphernalia used for keeping the young ones happy? All to be put in an a4 sized plastic bag.

Lovely morning pity it's not going to last with the amount of rain forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

franklyon wrote: »
    'Looking like' you know you are one. This bag craic is stupid. Not too bad for young lads off to.see the game but what about families? Especially on wet days, rain gear a few dozen sandwiches, and various other paraphernalia used for keeping the young ones happy? All to be put in an a4 sized plastic bag.

😂 Are you camping out til the final?

Could be a row yet on the train good few rossie heads got on in Westport.
    By the look of them they where on the sauce late last night

Oldtree wrote: »
    Yea think so too. There will be oodles of Galway Roscommon and Mayo... but feck all kerry.

Looks like heavy rain on the way so going to wear all the gear going in and have a handy fold up bag for it if needed and a carry bag for the sandwiches etc.

Never really cared about getting wet. Used to sit on the concrete benches in mchale for years taking no notice of the rain. Properly kitted up and a newspaper and all was well.

It was gas in Limerick last weekend, a young security person asked a lady to open her hand bag and it was deffo under A4 size. What did he think she had in it? I think her knife was under her blouse along with the bomb vest which he didn't check ffs.

Bringing a bag with me for the rain gear,it's a tad bigger than the A4 size stipulated.Keeping the fingers crossed.

Same on the Galway training
    Hardly any Galway supporters

Lots of "up the rossies "
    Never experienced that before on the train ;)

Same on the Galway training
    Hardly any Galway supporters

Lots of "up the rossies "
    Never experienced that before on the train ;)

It's a day out for them for us it's just another Sunday in July in Crocker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Safe travels everyone. Take it easy on the roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

seligehgit wrote: »
    Bringing a bag with me for the rain gear,it's a tad bigger than the A4 size stipulated.Keeping the fingers crossed.

Are they actually stopping some bags going into Croker? The lads in Ennis and Limerick apologised for making me open it with something along the lines of 'sure I can say I looked in every bag'

Are they actually stopping some bags going into Croker? The lads in Ennis and Limerick apologised for making me open it with something along the lines of 'sure I can say I looked in every bag'

They won't imo
    There were to be no backpacks allowed into limerick either

Not a notion,first trip to Croker since the rule came in but I'm taking a chance,it's quite a small bag.

Dry and overcast in the capital,quite nippy.
    Muigheo Abú!

Right prediction time people

4/5 point win

Right prediction time people

4/5 point win

With the way the other games went I'll take a one point win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

cocoman wrote: »

I'd have thought around the 50k mark too, but I'm changing my mind now. They have had all sections of croker (apart from nally stand) open for at least the last week and they don't usually open upper Davin unless they need it.

There were 60k at the leinster hurling final and the Davin upper only opened a couple of days before the match, and the Hill wasn't open at all.

With the front rows of the lower tiers now open also, they must be expecting 70k+.

Just have a good feeling about today. We will see a hint of something today that hasn't really been properly let loose so far this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Kerry_2008

I dont understand the whole bag thing. If they search your bag and theres nothing in it you should be able to bring it in. Is it at the stadium they search or at the 'checkpoints' with the guards and stewards on the approach roads where they make sure you have a ticket?

I have a small fella (4) and was going to take him to the match today but, he was sick so couldn't. Was going to be his first match so I said i'd take him when croke park was relatively quiet.

I know he would prob drift in and out of interest in the game. Never the less I would have packed, a change of clothes, rain gear, food, drink and probably one of his teddy's (if he got overwhelmed by the noise). Theres not a hope that would fit in a < A4 size bag, not to mention if i wanted to bring my trusty poncho as well.

Sorry to dertail the thread. I think Mayo if they are any way on the ball will win this handy

• Advertisement

T

I asked on the main championship thread and they said there were mental queues going ni yesterday with the bag checks but that bags were being let in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ap1234

I really hope Roscommon do it today, but I think Croke park will be to overwhelming for them

If caf starts we will be in bother right from off

Why do the mayo management persist with cafferkey, anytime i have seen him he's been average at best. Is there that little alternatives to him or is he actually very good and i'm in the wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    I dont understand the whole bag thing. If they search your bag and theres nothing in it you should be able to bring it in. Is it at the stadium they search or at the 'checkpoints' with the guards and stewards on the approach roads where they make sure you have a ticket?

I have a small fella (4) and was going to take him to the match today but, he was sick so couldn't. Was going to be his first match so I said i'd take him when croke park was relatively quiet.

I know he would prob drift in and out of interest in the game. Never the less I would have packed, a change of clothes, rain gear, food, drink and probably one of his teddy's (if he got overwhelmed by the noise). Theres not a hope that would fit in a < A4 size bag, not to mention if i wanted to bring my trusty poncho as well.

Sorry to dertail the thread. I think Mayo if they are any way on the ball will win this handy

Shame that your young lad is unwell. I have my young lad with me to most games. Bring ear plugs for him when he does go, the noise at any match can be a bit loud for them at that age.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Cafferkey needs protection possibly even the protection being left out........

Blackjack wrote: »
    Shame that your young lad is unwell. I have my young lad with me to most games. Bring ear plugs for him when he does go, the noise at any match can be a bit loud for them at that age.

Great idea, never thought of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Is that the early train? Im on the 8:25, fairly peaceful where i am.

Is that the early train? Im on the 8:25, fairly peaceful where i am.

On that one as well ah it wasn't ment as a serious post few Ross heads ahead of me dieing from drink they where at a stag in Westport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Kerry_2008 wrote:
    Why do the mayo management persist with cafferkey, anytime i have seen him he's been average at best. Is there that little alternatives to him or is he actually very good and i'm in the wrong.

You'd imagine at this stage that an average alternative would be an improvement and at least it would recognise the issue

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement