Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

nuac wrote: »
    Next Mayo manager far too serious an issue to trivialise by gambling:)

It's not gambling if im fairly certain who is getting the job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's not gambling if im fairly certain who is getting the job :)

Jimmy? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Any bookies offering odds on the new manager? Dont see anything on PP or Boyles

There was on pp a few weeks ago it closed with Horan @1/2 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

naughto wrote: »
    There was on pp a few weeks ago it closed with Horan @1/2 on

Just got an email from them saying they are not offering any prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Mayo lgfa meeting tonight and there was 2 votes regarding the Carnacon saga.... firstly the Co. Board recommended that they would not appeal the decision made by the Connacht Council last week which was agreed by delegates.
    Carnacon requested that the senior championship be suspended which was turned down by delegates.
    The Carnacon appeal against last week's decision by connacht council is set for this Thursday night .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yop wrote:
    Gibbons was top notch, but his boat has sailed with Mayo.
    Yep unfortunately for him. Thought he was great a few years ago but fell away in a couple of big games , got injured etc. Possibly not mobile enough for an intercounty midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

So members of the county board supposedly visited Mike Solan's house, while James Horan states that he hasn't been contacted by anyone on the board since being nominated. Sounds extremely professional and transparant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Barlett

Where did you hear this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Interesting times ahead so. I do think its Horan's to lose if he has Buckley and Canavan on board. Buckley was meant to be on the Kerry card with the minor manager.

Either way we have two guys who really want the job.

Report in today's Irish Independent that Buckley will be involved with a Maurice Fitzgearld managed Kerry senior team.

Make of it what you will but that's the first I have heard of Buckley in the last month or so.

Barlett wrote: »
    Where did you hear this?

John Fogarty reporting on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

PressRun wrote: »
    So members of the county board supposedly visited Mike Solan's house, while James Horan states that he hasn't been contacted by anyone on the board since being nominated. Sounds extremely professional and transparant.

That sounds like pure sh1t in all fairness and I wonder did they have tea and buns :-)

If it is that is unreal

That sounds like pure sh1t in all fairness and I wonder did they have tea and buns :-)

If it is that is unreal

It's not like the county board are the standard for professionalism so nothing would surprise me.

Report in today's Irish Independent that Buckley will be involved with a Maurice Fitzgearld managed Kerry senior team.

Make of it what you will but that's the first I have heard of Buckley in the last month or so.

I was thinking about Buckley joining Horan's team and if this is the case, it doesn't say alot about Rochford who couldn't keep him on board.

It makes more sense that he would move to Kerry as he lives down that direction and he may feel he needs to move on from Mayo but I would say if they have reported it in the national paper there has to be more to it than rumor on a GAA forum about joining Horan's team.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭boosabum

Probably to tell him to pull out of the race.
    reports of several off field incidents with respect to the U20 team which indicates that his ability to discipline isn't at the level required added to his tactical nous in the final

boosabum wrote: »
    reports of several off field incidents with respect to the U20 team which indicates that his ability to discipline isn't at the level required added to his tactical nous in the final

Sounds like the man for the job! :)

I was thinking about Buckley joining Horan's team and if this is the case, it doesn't say alot about Rochford who couldn't keep him on board.

Sometimes the Ex is more enticing than the current fling.

I can understand why he called it a day but can see why he might be convinced by Horan. I don't think it's a slight on Rochford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

boosabum wrote: »

Out on the beer causing bother? If that's what happened then Solan can hardly be held responsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Horan said he got an email from county secretary on Saturday morning.

Apparently some announcement tonight from Mayo GAA !!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the new jersey:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

Barlett wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was the new jersey:rolleyes:

It is the new jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭muddle84

It will be the jersey. Which will have very little hype about it considering everything thats going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Just seen the new top, Niall McGarry leaked it. Looks decent, kind of a throwback to the old tops with a lighter green.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FutbolCian

Looks well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just seen the new top, Niall McGarry leaked it. Looks decent, kind of a throwback to the old tops with a lighter green.

Oh I do like that !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lovely jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Panrich

Have always hated the watery green.

Maybe because I grew up with the bottle green jerseys of the late 60s and we had the light green during some horrible years

FutbolCian wrote: »
    Looks well

He sure does :) He has hit the gym hard the last few years has Niall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

FutbolCian wrote: »
    Looks well

That's a beaut of a yoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Cornacnoon 8 bans reduced to 2 weeks. Club accepts the fine. Appeal still possible. Must be lodged by 5pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

irishgeo wrote: »
    Cornacnoon 8 bans reduced to 2 weeks. Club accepts the fine. Appeal still possible. Must be lodged by 5pm.

Hopefully that's the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

That jersey is typical o'neills. Last seasons kerry jersey, with the design of the man utd home jersey thrown in for good measure. Itll have horrible material and ridiculous sizing too Im sure to complete the package

irishgeo wrote: »

They have done more damage to the club and themselves than all the fines and bans. That can't be undone with an appeal.

That jersey is typical o'neills. Last seasons kerry jersey, with the design of the man utd home jersey thrown in for good measure. Itll have horrible material and ridiculous sizing too Im sure to complete the package

Ya I am not gone on those lines. Its hard to know until you try it on and see it for real

Hopefully they kept the crest on the back like the current one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

They're not as bad as they were 10 years ago where every jersey looked like a over designed baggy monstrosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

They're not as bad as they were 10 years ago where every jersey looked like a over designed baggy monstrosity.

Not if you adjust down sizewise maybe. I'm a medium in most things, maybe a large in one or two brands. Ive got the last mayo jersey in a small, and Ive room for a luxurious Christmas in it yet.

But yeah, they were much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

km79 wrote: »
    Well if nothing else, I'm glad its over now either way. We can just focus on the FBD and see what new players he gives a shot to................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Horan and the Mayo County Board right now

• Advertisement

Horan was always going to get the job, and it's the right appointment for the team right now

Could Solan have stepped aside because horan offered him a role in his backroom team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

muddle84 wrote: »
    Could Solan have stepped aside because horan offered him a role in his backroom team?

Hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

mayo.mick wrote: »
    DoKpL0sXUAAV-jS.jpg

I like how they have parsons in tne front. Tough couple of months for him. Whem will he be back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I loved last years kerry jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

I like how they have parsons in tne front. Tough couple of months for him. Whem will he be back?

I can’t see him playing for Mayo again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

naughto wrote:

Even if he never does. He will be a true inspiration to others.
    Really hope to se him back at some stage though.

naughto wrote:

Even if he never does. He will be a true inspiration to others.
    Really hope to se him back at some stage though.

Horan was never his biggest fan either but he certainly proved himself since then

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement