Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

blinding wrote: »
    Did they create an unsafe environment for other people ?

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

ureds wrote: »
    Ladies final between Carnacon and Knockmore is next Sunday at 2pm in Kilmeena.

Is there s book signing after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Edgware wrote: »
    Is there s book signing after?

It’s time Peter Leahy came out and gave his side of the story......there is only so much hits a man can take.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    It’s time Peter Leahy came out and gave his side of the story......there is only so much hits a man can take.

He did already. He knows he was in the right and most people do. The Carnacon ladies are been left to it now.

Any word on the Galway lads up there "Financial irregularities", seems to have gone all quite? Could be a few of your boys in jail up there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

yop wrote:
    Any word on the Galway lads up there "Financial irregularities", seems to have gone all quite? Could be a few of your boys in jail up there yet?

Pot kettle black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

yop wrote: »
    He did already. He knows he was in the right and most people do. The Carnacon ladies are been left to it now.

I’d say beatin Mayo 5 times in a row has gone to their head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

The Galway bucks are beating refs these days so they are busy!!

Now that is an unsafe environment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Stephen Rochford going to Donegal as a coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Any opinions on how the county final will go?

Ballintubber would have to favoured to reclaim the Moclair Cup.

Most neutrals would I imagine hope Breaffy can finally claim a county title.

The intermediate final preceding it should be worth a look.

Belmullet v Burrishoole

The Doc and Chris Barrett going head to head.

These Saturday night gigs are just super duper!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

seligehgit wrote: »
    Any opinions on how the county final will go?

Ballintubber would have to favoured to reclaim the Moclair Cup.

Most neutrals would I imagine hope Breaffy can finally claim a county title.

The intermediate final preceding it should be worth a look.

Belmullet v Burrishoole

The Doc and Chris Barrett going head to head.

These Saturday night gigs are just super duper!:D
    I’m loving Mayo GAA TV I have to say. Can’t make the games as I live on the east coast. Also great for my Dad who isn’t fit to go. Feel like I’m not missing out as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

RedDevil55 wrote:

Where has this been reported?

RedDevil55 wrote: »

Where did you get that from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

charlie14 wrote: »

AhRef has it on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I don't know if anyone has notice but both nationally and internationally there seems to be a concerted effort to promote (for the use of a better word) "non traditional" women's sports.

Turn on or login to RTE and there is often a story about women's rugby, women's soccer etc.
    And the BBC are worse, you can't move for the amount of women's sports stories on their online application.

With regards to ladies football TG4 have been way ahead of anyone in it's promotion and thus the promotion of women's sports.

So it's a bit odd that in this day and age the ladies final, involving one of the most hight profile club teams in tne country gets fixed for a relative backwater like Killmena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

So it's a bit odd that in this day and age the ladies final, involving one of the most hight profile club teams in tne country gets fixed for a relative backwater like Killmena
    Compared to McHale Park or Swinford Community Pitch where a lot of lgfa finals are, the smaller Kilmeena pitch will suit Knockmore better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

statto25 wrote: »

AhRef has it on twitter

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/gaelic-football/gaelic-football-news/former-mayo-boss-stephen-rochford-13428674

Highland radio also reporting it now it appears.

Strange move from him, going from Mayo manager to work in Declan Bonner`s backroom team. Looks as if he may be a replacement for Karl Lacey who has been reported as leaving.

Wishing Stephen Rochford the best in his new venture.

Tad surprised if the truth be told,substantial commitment.Nice commute from Ballinrobe to Donegal.He's got quite a young family too.

Highland radio also reporting it now it appears.

Strange move from him, going from Mayo manager to work in Declan Bonner`s backroom team. Looks as if he may be a replacement for Karl Lacey who has been reported as leaving.

Not too sure if there were too many attractive frontline vacancies available?

Roscommon obviously have a vacancy but it's a risky proposition most especially for an outside manager.No win situation.Heading into a challenging space with a tough campaign in division one pending.Undoubtedly there is potential but Kevin McStay's apparent lack of an emphasis on the defensive side of the game and strength and conditioning requires addressing.Finances seem to be a live issue too as evident by McStay's statement of resignation.

He'd likely be lynched in Mayo anyway if he took the position.:)

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Not too sure if there were too many attractive frontline vacancies available?

Roscommon obviously have a vacancy but it's a risky proposition most especially for an outside manager.No win situation.Heading into a challenging space with a tough campaign in division one pending.Undoubtedly there is potential but Kevin McStay's apparent lack of an emphasis on the defensive side of the game and strength and conditioning requires addressing.Finances seem to be a live issue too as evident by McStay's statement of resignation.

He'd likely be lynched in Mayo anyway if he took the position.:)

Donegal train in Convoy which is a fair old hike from Ballinrobe. 2 hours each way and with a young family very surprised he took the job. Plus no connection to Donegal faik other than Paul Mc Gettigan ex Donegal player he would know from his days with Corofin.
    Surprised Bonner wanted him as well. With him just gone from county management it is a bit like taking a wife to live with your mother. Usually ends in tears. Also would have though if Karl Lacey is gone from the backroom team I would have thought a backs coach would have been the obvious replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Donegal train in Convoy which is a fair old hike from Ballinrobe. 2 hours each way and with a young family very surprised he took the job. Plus no connection to Donegal faik other than Paul Mc Gettigan ex Donegal player he would know from his days with Corofin.
    Surprised Bonner wanted him as well. With him just gone from county management it is a bit like taking a wife to live with your mother. Usually ends in tears. Also would have though if Karl Lacey is gone from the backroom team I would have thought a backs coach would have been the obvious replacement.

Did he get a AIB position in Donegal?

Best of luck to Rockford, good move by Donegal, I wouldnt be surprised if he's part of putting Mayo out of next year's championship.

Did he get a AIB position in Donegal?

If he did it would make more sense at least to me. Papers are saying it would be a 5 hour round trip as is for him to Ballybofey and back, but Donegal train in Convoy. That would add another hour to the round trip. For a man with a young family that is a lot of time gone from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Donegal train in Convoy which is a fair old hike from Ballinrobe.

No doubt playing this on rotation on his car stereo all the way:p:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s a strange one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

crusier wrote: »
    Pot kettle black
    BENDYBINN wrote: »
    I’d say beatin Mayo 5 times in a row has gone to their head.

Same response the GAA got then when asking Galway GAA about their finances ;)

Best of luck to him, pig of a trek that and to go with a side in Division 2, can't see what he will gain aside from lots of miles on the car!! And the young family makes it even odder. Money talks though I suppose.

Best of luck to him, pig of a trek that and to go with a side in Division 2, can't see what he will gain aside from lots of miles on the car!! And the young family makes it even odder. Money talks though I suppose.

Yop you old cynic :)

It could have been worse for him though.

If not for a last kick of the ball he could now being managing a Division 2 side. :pac:

Yop you old cynic :)

It could have been worse for him though.

If not for a last kick of the ball he could now being managing a Division 2 side. :pac:

And he could have been an AI champion too, hope Horan does proper GPS throwing training ;)

yop wrote:

The only reason Donegal are in divison 2 and not mayo are 14 steps.

• Advertisement

yop wrote:

Double Post

yop wrote:

That step count seems to grow every time its mentioned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

They might step out of Div.2 this year and hopefully upward from their point of view .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

crusier wrote:

And losing 5 games out of 7 had nothing to do with it?

And he could have been an AI champion too, hope Horan does proper GPS throwing training ;)

He could yet be.

He is now with a county that is the only one to have beaten this present Dublin team in the championship.;)

He could yet be.

He is now with a county that is the only one to have beaten this present Dublin team in the championship.;)

No more than us beating them in 2012, it will have little relevance for next season.

And losing 5 games out of 7 had nothing to do with it?

Small margin had as much to do with it as anything. Mayo only won 2 of their 7. By my reckoning, had the ref given a free for over-carrying both would have ended the season with 4 points and the same point difference.

No more than us beating them in 2012, it will have little relevance for next season.

More than likely as I cannot see any team stopping them getting 5 in a row but had Donegal not beaten them 2014 they would now be going for 7.
    Gonna be hard enough listening to them if they do the 5. 7 would have been emigration territory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Kind of criminal from Donegal to allow Mayo to kick two scores in injury time, not to mention squandering an easy chance in between those scores, where they kicked the ball into David Clarkes.

Kind of criminal from Donegal to allow Mayo to kick two scores in injury time, not to mention squandering an easy chance in between those scores, where they kicked the ball into David Clarkes.

In fairness there was not a lot they could do for the leveling score when the referee had suddenly either lost all knowledge of the rule on steps or the ability to count. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

In fairness there was not a lot they could do for the leveling score when the referee had suddenly either lost all knowledge of the rule on steps or the ability to count. :D
    Some times Mayo Players just Float Along . Are you absolutely sure his feet were touching the ground ? ?;)

blinding wrote: »
    Some times Mayo Players just Float Along . Are you absolutely sure his feet were touching the ground ? ?;)

:D:D:D

statto25 wrote: »
    That step count seems to grow every time its mentioned

Bit like the takings at the gates in Galway, no sorry, they keep shrinking isn't it :)

Ya, I think it was 25 steps and how the Mayo refs in the 4 games which Donegal lost influenced the opposition.

Never seen a Galway ladeen so concerned with Donegal v Mayo games ;)

yop wrote:
    Bit like the takings at the gates in Galway, no sorry, they keep shrinking isn't it

Pot kettle black

Pot kettle black
    Pot kettle black

are you ok honey? Must be a theme for Galway lads not been able to give straight answers ;)

Its all about the money :D:D:D

Let us know when ye hear anything, the drop off on car sales in Gway and land will be hitting hard after this reveal :D

yop wrote:
    are you ok honey? Must be a theme for Galway lads not been able to give straight answers

yop wrote:
    Its all about the money

yop wrote:
    Let us know when ye hear anything, the drop off on car sales in Gway and land will be hitting hard after this reveal

Thanks for your concern but I'm only really interested in what happens on the field of play. My county have won all Ireland's senior intercounty titles in football and hurling in my lifetime and I've been there to see it happen in croke park. ( a number of times I might add! ). I'm not over 70 years of age. I'm not even half that age. Come back to me when you win an all Ireland football senior intercounty title. Nearly never bulled a cow! In terms of finances I'll say it again " Pot Kettle black"

Thanks for your concern but I'm only really interested in what happens on the field of play. My county have won all Ireland's senior intercounty titles in football and hurling in my lifetime and I've been there to see it happen in croke park. ( a number of times I might add! ). I'm not over 70 years of age. I'm not even half that age. Come back to me when you win an all Ireland football senior intercounty title. Nearly never bulled a cow! In terms of finances I'll say it again " Pot Kettle black"

If a supporter belts a referee after a game would you consider that on the field of play?

:D:D:D:D

As expected ;)

And that never happened in Mayo! What about yer legend in Limerick or the U21 player who pushed the ref this year? Again date I say it " Pot kettle black "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Our county have also won senior inter county titles, our ladies winning 4 in 5 years.

I've seen Mayo claim minor and U21 all Irelands.

I've seen Crossmolina, Ballina, Westport and Carnacon win all Ireland titles.

I've seen my own club contest an all Ireland final. We didn't win, but it is still my most treasured GAA memory because I burst with pride seeing my brother play in Croke Park.

But I suppose none of that matters to anyone unless the cup is called Sam Maguire.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement